Aussie world champ

LeeM

1 hour ago, Shedpest said:

wow I’d never heard that. I waiting for him to finish chatting up the Coca Cola grid girls at Sandown years ago, when he was free I asked him to sign one of his caps that I’d just bought for my brother who was a huge fan. He just looked at me and went to walk off and probably didn’t appreciate being called an arsehole whilst watching me throw the cap on the ground and then standing on it 😆

3 hours ago, Shedpest said:

Good for him, pity his old man is such a tosser

Yep. He was my hero back in 87. Stayed with his mum in Wollongong when I was up there for the GP at Eastern Creek. Lovely woman who gave me loads of his team gear, and showed me his private trophy room with the bike he won the title on and the original Moriwaki Kawasaki he raced in the UK.

Met Wayne at Mallala when he was with Supercars, and knew he was an utter knob the second he opened his gob. Same as how I think of Doohan too

46 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yep. He was my hero back in 87. Stayed with his mum in Wollongong when I was up there for the GP at Eastern Creek. Lovely woman who gave me loads of his team gear, and showed me his private trophy room with the bike he won the title on and the original Moriwaki Kawasaki he raced in the UK.

Met Wayne at Mallala when he was with Supercars, and knew he was an utter knob the second he opened his gob. Same as how I think of Doohan too

That's always the best way to stalk someone getting to know their family first especially his  his mum . Did you sleep in his bed ? 

3 hours ago, wilson59 said:

That's always the best way to stalk someone getting to know their family first especially his  his mum . Did you sleep in his bed ? 

In hindsight, it does seem a bit creepy 😅

I'd been writing letters (remember them?) to his mum trying to blag some Rothmans Honda clothing and stickers, and she invited me to drop in at WG Enterprises

The Moriwaki Kawasaki he raced in the UK 

20200712-152438.jpgoutlast wallpaper

I was a lot younger then 😅🙄

The world title bike

20200712-152610.jpg

20200712-152506.jpg

40 minutes ago, LeeM said:

In hindsight, it does seem a bit creepy 😅

I'd been writing letters (remember them?) to his mum trying to blag some Rothmans Honda clothing and stickers, and she invited me to drop in at WG Enterprises

The Moriwaki Kawasaki he raced in the UK 

20200712-152438.jpgoutlast wallpaper

I was a lot younger then 😅🙄

The world title bike

20200712-152610.jpg

20200712-152506.jpg

Check you out . You still look the same ……

I have seen that bike it’s really “analog “ 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

Check you out . You still look the same ……

I have seen that bike it’s really “analog “ 

Just a lot greyer...and slower 😅

That year at The Creek, security was basically non existent and I got to hang out with a few GP stars (it helps when you're carrying a fake clipboard pretending to be their lap scorer 😅), and I got shown around their bikes which weren't that much different to WG's above. Niall Mckenzie was a helluva nice bloke whom I sat with for a while and sat on his bike which are like RGV 250 weight, then sat with Kev Schwantz mum and dad, then eventually Kevin, who was my new GP hero. He comes across as arrogant, but he's a very funny bloke that was happy to answer my stupid questions. Seeing his bike an arms length away from this star struck stalker was a very surreal experience. They were all mostly nice guys, yet the Aussies had no time for anyone which was annoying.  

There were hardly any spectators that year, so it was like walking around the pits on a club day and I have loads of photos hidden away somewhere, yet the whole weekend, from being at Gardner's place and the above, is one I'll never forget