Cabrio - 13

ClubSport - 60

TOTAL Aus delivery 968 - 141

Aus Import numbers- 968CS 1993-1995:

1993- 19

1994- 31

1995- 10

TOTAL- 60 units

Of the notable options - M030 and rear seats (essentially like a UK 968 Sport ) there were: 

M030 - 14 of the 60 cars delivered 

M685 divided rear seat - 13 of the 60 cars delivered

M030 and M685 - 1 car within this above “group” of 14 x M030 - in Guards Red

M030 and Riviera Blue - 1 car within this above “group” of 14 x M030

M030 and Midnight Blue Metallic (one of my old cars) 1 car within this above “group” of 14 M030

M030 and Aventurine Green - 1 car within this above “group” of 14 x M030

** in addition over 1992-4 there were 81 additional 968 Coupes and Cabs (mix of 6sp and Tiptronic) sold here :

Standard 968: - total 81 units

1992:

Coupe - 35

Cabrio - 5

1993:

Coupe - 6

Cabrio - 5

1994:

Coupe - 27

Cabrio - 3

1995 - nil standard 968 (But 10 x 968CS 1995 deliveries only per the above) 

A CS listed today.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-968-1995/oag-ad-20314369/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=7cdf577b-7d5b-4351-b78f-0b13ab21969a

One of the last 10 delivered, and 1 of the 60 sold.

No Recaros, which means you'll be able to fit in it.

What’s a standard manual coupe worth these days? Considering good condition and kilometres, well maintained with history?

im assuming Aus Delivered unlike 911’s not too many imports due to the lowish global production numbers…

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/11/2021 at 16:29, 1st said:

A CS listed today.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-968-1995/oag-ad-20314369/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=7cdf577b-7d5b-4351-b78f-0b13ab21969a

One of the last 10 delivered, and 1 of the 60 sold.

No Recaros, which means you'll be able to fit in it.

I'm not sure if it has indeed sold.....and if so at what price....but it's been removed from carsales and marked as sold. If so, $150k for a 968CS is pretty remarkable territory.

On 16/12/2021 at 15:17, Foibles said:

I'm not sure if it has indeed sold.....and if so at what price....but it's been removed from carsales and marked as sold. If so, $150k for a 968CS is pretty remarkable territory.

I think it’s now for sale at Richmonds in Adelaide for even more than before 

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Crawf56 said:

Any thoughts on this 968 CS? Looks schmick, though not an M030 pack by the looks of it. Fair price?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-968-1993/sse-ad-6866287/?_ga=2.192312297.2114686042.1648156167-1280322541.1611614220

The owner hangs around on here it’s been on and off carsales with the price both up and down. The car itself looks good I’m guessing what puts people off is the fact it’s a uk car but like I said it looks good and they are thin on the ground.

2 minutes ago, MARTY said:

The owner hangs around on here it’s been on and off carsales with the price both up and down. The car itself looks good I’m guessing what puts people off is the fact it’s a uk car but like I said it looks good and they are thin on the ground.

Cheers for the quick response. Unfortunately for me UK car means it's out. I'll stick with the 944 for now.

A regular 1995 968 in good condition went for $55k + 5% at Shannon’s Auction a few weeks ago. I’ve been watching them, there aren’t many out there, as the numbers above show, and it seems only the CS gets any love.

Re the red CS in Vic, I’d always buy on condition not origin - from experience it’s not always as grim as you might think. Or even bad at all. Also from experience there are rubbish Aus-delivered cars out there too. 

10 hours ago, PomBstard said:

A regular 1995 968 in good condition went for $55k + 5% at Shannon’s Auction a few weeks ago. I’ve been watching them, there aren’t many out there, as the numbers above show, and it seems only the CS gets any love.

Re the red CS in Vic, I’d always buy on condition not origin - from experience it’s not always as grim as you might think. Or even bad at all. Also from experience there are rubbish Aus-delivered cars out there too. 

Agreed….

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, LeeM said:

Come on, seriously, 150 grand? 

Was always going to happen I reckon... The 968 is a the end of an extinct line, nothing else like it, Porsche.  If you were a speculator, those really low import numbers posted above would have to make you think that securing a low km AU delivered CS would turn out to be an investment at some point. My brief ownership of a 944S2 showed me the the 968 would definitely be a cracker.

The red UK delivered CS starts to look even more appealing now ;)

2 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Was always going to happen I reckon... The 968 is a the end of an extinct line, nothing else like it, Porsche.  If you were a speculator, those really low import numbers posted above would have to make you think that securing a low km AU delivered CS would turn out to be an investment at some point. My brief ownership of a 944S2 showed me the the 968 would definitely be a cracker.

The red UK delivered CS starts to look even more appealing now ;)

Nice cars. Can’t see value in that price having also owned one and seeing what else $150k can buy for Sunday fun…..hell you could get an Audi R8, Aston V8 Vantage manual or heaps of other more fun cars.  The large capacity 4cyl varioram engine is sort of torquey but not great sounding or even zingy imho. To me 968cs was a fun ‘first’ Porsche, but with the option of other sports cars on a Sunday morning, never really took that..not really missed it either…my 2c worth without any rose coloured glasses on…..

5 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

Nice cars. Can’t see value in that price having also owned one and seeing what else $150k can buy for Sunday fun…..hell you could get an Audi R8 or heaps of other more fun cars.  The large capacity 4cyl varioram engine is sort of torquey but not great sounding or even zingy imho. To me 968cs was a fun ‘first’ Porsche, but with the option of other sports cars on a Sunday morning, never really took that..not really missed it either…my 2c worth without any rose coloured glasses on…..

I totally agree ☝️☝️That’s why I raised the original post if an affordable Clubsport could be bought overseas for a more realistic price.I know the price is being driven up by it being delivered for the local market and the low numbers but like you rightly say @mc968cs the price brings into play some other fantastic cars.Looking at the uk market you could buy a nice yellow cs rebuilt by one of the Porsche dealers with low miles for a lot less than what’s being offered up here,you can get good and bad cars anywhere in the world being locally delivered doesn’t make it any better they were all built on the same production line.

18 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

Nice cars. Can’t see value in that price having also owned one and seeing what else $150k can buy for Sunday fun…..hell you could get an Audi R8, Aston V8 Vantage manual or heaps of other more fun cars.  The large capacity 4cyl varioram engine is sort of torquey but not great sounding or even zingy imho. To me 968cs was a fun ‘first’ Porsche, but with the option of other sports cars on a Sunday morning, never really took that..not really missed it either…my 2c worth without any rose coloured glasses on…..

I definitely agree regarding engine sound.  Perhaps the 968 is just a curio but that's what makes a lot of oddities attractive? :)