Cars and Cabernet 2022

Skidmarks

Back by popular demand (OK, default ...)

I’ve secured Saturday the 15th

Hope that suits those that still have the horn for a bit of an open pit lane skid  

Friday night = food and Cabernet 

Saturday = laps, laps, laps!

My RSR won’t have the gearbox done - will have to drag out the GT2 RS Clubbie ... yeah, I know, cry me a river ...

I can confirm I’ve booked Winton for Saturday 15 January, 2022.

I plan to be up there on the Friday night.

Looking forward to a great and relaxed day cutting laps with likeminded tragics!

At this point we already have 17 cars.

Spread the word.  But, be quick - I’m looking to have no more than around 35 cars

I'll advise of cost and account details once I have numbers closer to the date.  As per the above, email me at sburchartz@kkilawyers.com.au and I will add you to the email group that I've set up.

Format, open pit lane.  

Easy!

I've decided with all things being considered to roll my attendance to the new Stuttfest date in Aug, so will not come for C&C... that being said, it'll open up my accommodation at Glider City should anyone be looking for some accom, I did this for Hugh earlier this year. 

Last drinks!

Hi everyone

I sent out email confirmations this morning to all those that have emailed me that they’re attending

That said, if I left you off the list for some reason, email me at rscs911@icloud.com (not the work one as I’m not looking at it for a few weeks!) and I’ll make sure you get the email

I can take a few more but perhaps only 5-10 so let me know ASAP and I’ll loop you in

Max cars will be 35 for the day so nice and private

Im looking forward to seeing those that are coming and I’m sure there will be some pics posted for those unable to get there

Merry Christmas to you, your families and those close to you 

Sven. 

I’d booked the Top if the Town motel for Thursday-Sunday when the event was first mentioned, but given that I’ll be heading to Tassie a short while after this I’m not tempting fate, so if anyone wants a room then let me know and I’ll change the booking. Otherwise I’ll cancel it on Monday.

OK, Melbournites.  Is there a drive up planned for Friday afternoon?  Where and when???  If following similar to last year's route, might be best to start from a venue on the left side of the road, rather than having to cross traffic like last year.... Just sayin........

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

OK, Melbournites.  Is there a drive up planned for Friday afternoon?  Where and when???  If following similar to last year's route, might be best to start from a venue on the left side of the road, rather than having to cross traffic like last year.... Just sayin........

I’m in,  which reminds me. 

If you’re up for a drive and want to come and hang out, see some cool cars and talk shit, all are welcome.

Loaded and ready to head up tomorrow.

Should be a cracker day.

Along with all the other fantastic cars that will be there on the day (around 30 all up) there will be another 2 GT2 RS’s there as well. 

All are welcome to come and have a look if you’re at a loose end.

PS. I fixed the rear strap as yes, not great in this pic …

A527B771-2D69-4F39-BB88-12E1A6EC58FB.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

Loaded and ready to head up tomorrow.

Should be a cracker day.

Along with all the other fantastic cars that will be there on the day (around 30 all up) there will be another 2 GT2 RS’s there as well. 

All are welcome to come and have a look if you’re at a loose end.

PS. I fixed the rear strap as yes, not great in this pic …

A527B771-2D69-4F39-BB88-12E1A6EC58FB.jpeg

No spare tyres???

Looking forward to it.  Simon and I are on the boat tonight 🙂 🙂 🙂 He apparently will have a bottle of red in his suite on the boat to share........

Just now, TwoHeadsTas said:

No spare tyres???

Looking forward to it.  Simon and I are on the boat tonight 🙂 🙂 🙂 He apparently will have a bottle of red in his suite on the boat to share........

It has 10 ABS settings so no risk of bush firing the fronts!

A boat trip, 2 guys with an adrenaline spike ahead of a big track event, a small cabin on said boat and a bottle of red ...

A heady mix.  

• 3 weeks later...