Screw You

Skidmarks

Hi all.

Need your help.  I’m fitting some replacement sills to my 72 S and need the chrome, dome headed screws to fit them.

Any idea where I can get them?  Have hit a couple of hardware shops but can’t see myself using a wood screw … 😃

Pic of one I have from the car. I only need 10 mm screws. 

ECD41B37-01A9-4FFB-8E10-4F35624598D4.jpeg

23 hours ago, Peter M said:

Or buy them as original parts: 900 143 40 02 if you are referring to the 20 scuff plate screws.

Thanks.

Did just that yesterday.

Amazing  that you can still do this.  Bet if I asked the same question to Toyota parts dept about the 1974 TA22 Celica that was my first car, I would have been put on hold and the shout gone out “got a live one here guys, wants special screws foe the trim on his 1974 Celica”. Cue gales of laughter. 

2 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Amazing  that you can still do this.  Bet if I asked the same question to Toyota parts dept about the 1974 TA22 Celica that was my first car, I would have been put on hold and the shout gone out “got a live one here guys, wants special screws foe the trim on his 1974 Celica”. Cue gales of laughter. 

Amazing Porsche offer such a high level of support for all their classic cars.

Toyota has finally realised that there are people still enjoying their older cars and started Gazoo Racing Heritage Parts. Only a few models are having parts made again and the TA22 isn't on the list unfortunately. Nor is the MR2 and found the hard way trying to get a gearbox rebuilt when synchros are now unobtainium!