1974 911S - RS/RUF CTR Yellow Bird Inspired

Yeatesy

Well after almost a year of unsuccessfully looking for a Cayman R & then considering selling a kidney to buy a 981 GT4, my daily search of every Porsche website I know finally paid off.

On Christmas Eve this 1974 911 Coupe was listed about an hour before I saw it, I spoke to the seller, we got along really well and he wanted the car to go to an enthusiast. 14 days of isolation, covid out of the way and I picked the car up yesterday. 

It’s my 4th Porsche & 3rd air cooled 911 in about 20 years of Porsche obsession. 

I’ve got a little list of things i’ll change on the car but everything has either been rebuilt or replaced by the previous 2 owners so I just plan on driving it. Also with the way these things are going up in value I wouldn’t be surprised if I could swap it for a GT4 one day ☺️

3A45BC88-0237-4747-8851-6D6E74944688.jpeg

CC7DC799-CF5B-4FCB-BF13-06385628375A.jpeg

5 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Looking forward to the personalisation - enjoy the journey ;) 

What do you have in mind for the seat inserts?

Trying to decide between original black leather, or just replacing the inserts with pepita or tartan. The seats in this one look pretty cool.

227CF1C6-0F2F-498B-B29F-97EF1A04748D.jpeg

10 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

Noooooooo…. keep the seats inserts and throw the coin at some ruf wheels! 

Hmmm...you make a fair argument, especially now that I think about and recall how crap the standard seats are at holding you in place! Maybe wheels and seats......

It's quite enjoyable spending other peoples money 😁

13 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

Trying to decide between original black leather, or just replacing the inserts with pepita or tartan. The seats in this one look pretty cool.

227CF1C6-0F2F-498B-B29F-97EF1A04748D.jpeg

I’ve got some extra G series seats - one pair with blackwatch (blue green) tartan and one pair with houndstooth. Both pairs mint. 

6 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Noooooooo…. keep the seats inserts and throw the coin at some ruf wheels! 

I’ve seen a set for sale and they were $12,000!

6 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Hmmm...you make a fair argument, especially now that I think about and recall how crap the standard seats are at holding you in place! Maybe wheels and seats......

It's quite enjoyable spending other peoples money 😁

I could just put these back in 

3F231514-D008-4277-90CE-3CF1D3B78E78.jpeg

4 hours ago, OBRUT said:

I’ve got some extra G series seats - one pair with blackwatch (blue green) tartan and one pair with houndstooth. Both pairs mint. 

Could you please send me some photos if you get time