1974 911S - RS/RUF CTR Yellow Bird Inspired

Yeatesy

38 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

In that case, drive as is, maybe insert the one seat, formulate a plan of attack while enjoying and execute!

No need to get everything 'just so' and miss out on driving your new toy and enjoying life!

I’ll be driving it that’s for sure, the small changes I’m making won’t keep it off the road ☺️

I have purchased the Recaro Pole Position (Classic Pepita) for my 964 build (see elsewhere in PFA) + a set of genuine RUF 18" wheels (8.5" & 10.0").

Quality doesnt come cheap, someone famous once said.

I am aiming for something like the attached photo with my build.

964 Amazon Green Ruf B.png

5 hours ago, mark2559 said:

I have purchased the Recaro Pole Position (Classic Pepita) for my 964 build (see elsewhere in PFA) + a set of genuine RUF 18" wheels (8.5" & 10.0").

Quality doesnt come cheap, someone famous once said.

I am aiming for something like the attached photo with my build.

964 Amazon Green Ruf B.png

@mark2559 that is going to be a stunning car 😍

I don’t think the car had seen a vacuum for a while so I took the multicolored tombstones out, gave the interior a good clean and fitted the Cobra’s. It was great to work on a car again and I loved that my 15 year old son was giving me a hand. We went for a drive afterwards and the seats feel great but the seatbelts don’t so harnesses are next on the list. 

A2BB2657-0E03-4560-BBB2-FB9FEE4E5A2C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

An update on the interior changes I’ve been making to my Yellow Bird inspired coupe. 

Tombstone seats trimmed with yellow pepita, steering wheel, gear knob and fire extinguisher changed, shift boot fitted and the crappy drink bottle holder removed. 

The Interior is mostly done, I’ve just got to fix a couple of issues with the door strikers and locks now.

CE6C13A9-2EBC-48CD-ABE0-7E3DAD7DE437.jpeg

FE5C084C-59B1-446D-ACCB-8C525F95E878.jpeg

EAB00796-C3A5-44B7-954C-A0BD570BD4F1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I had the whale tail grille painted black (as per the RUF CTR look of the car) and the deck lid repainted after I removed the Carrera RS badges (because it’s not a Carrera RS), unfortunately they had been superglued on 🤦‍♂️

9FEFF090-764A-45F7-BFBF-ACE76E29ADB9.jpeg

6EDF40A9-48BA-4D98-A362-ADED9B6434C4.jpeg

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

Ah yes, super glued lettering is easy to get off without leaving a ghost or half your paint 🙄 Been there

Black grille looks much better mate 👍

Thanks Lee, the car is almost done & I’m looking forward to being able to drive it ☺️

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...