stone chips- best way to fix? melbourne recommendations?

911virgin

4 hours ago, 911virgin said:

hi all

any expert advices gratefully accepted!

All depends how good of a job you want. 

Quick repair would be clean with isopropyl alcohol. Apply touch up paint. 

You can keep going with things like sanding etc. 

7 minutes ago, rminc said:

All depends how good of a job you want. 

Quick repair would be clean with isopropyl alcohol. Apply touch up paint. 

You can keep going with things like sanding etc. 

Have a look for the thread on Dr Colourchip, fairly recent.  I've used with reasonable success, I think I'm happier using that than normal touchup paint which becomes permanent very quickly 🙂 

• 1 year later...

Coming back to this topic, would people accept a handful of stone chips or get them professionally repaired before doing a full detail/paint protection?

There seems to be some hesitation that repainting and matching in can make it look worse than just leaving it alone - if I try and get a high end detailer to do the work instead of just any regular smash repairer, would it still be very noticeable or just on paint gauges?

6 hours ago, CoSo said:

Coming back to this topic, would people accept a handful of stone chips or get them professionally repaired before doing a full detail/paint protection?

There seems to be some hesitation that repainting and matching in can make it look worse than just leaving it alone - if I try and get a high end detailer to do the work instead of just any regular smash repairer, would it still be very noticeable or just on paint gauges?

Bit  like looking at a Sheila @CoSo best to meet them before they have been to the body shop . ;)

• 2 months later...

Dr Colourchip is very good, is easy to apply and blends in really well (but I can usually still see them). Touch-up paint is worse and really only good if you want to protect the bit with missing paint.

Fluid pens are the go-to if you want to put work/effort in (and you still need to get your paint match just right), or have someone professionally do it (it's just time-consuming). Larry at Ammo NYC had a good video on a 911:

5 hours ago, Russ said:

Dr Colourchip is very good, is easy to apply and blends in really well (but I can usually still see them). Touch-up paint is worse and really only good if you want to protect the bit with missing paint.

Fluid pens are the go-to if you want to put work/effort in (and you still need to get your paint match just right), or have someone professionally do it (it's just time-consuming). Larry at Ammo NYC had a good video on a 911:

Agree on Dr Colourchip.....