997 Rollcage

MYF1_

10 minutes ago, MYF1_ said:

Hi, Anyone have an aftermarket rollcage on their 997.

I’m interested to hear from anyone who can provide some insight into supplier, quality, fit etc. some pics would be great.  

Thanks

Check in the for sale section, pretty sure there was someone advertising a 997 one fairly recently????

• 4 weeks later...

@MYF1_

I have recently installed a Powder-coated cage from BBI.

I had a mate buy one from the UK (not sure of the brand - maybe and it arrived bent....  ) and have looked at the Factory Harness bar - couldn't find one at the time would've wanted to PC it as well - so not a good deal for me.. I

I've installed and removed the factory one - and its a major pain. Also only bolts to the seat belt mounts. 

The BBI one was really  nicely made, has quality powder coating, and was easy to install. Yes there was some fiddling (as it bolts to the rear shock mount) with some of the trim - but I'm pretty fussy. You do have to trim a bit of carpet. I ordered a few factory trim bits (so as to remove the rear belts) and it looks quite factory.

BBI are my go-to for go-fast bits now - Suncoast for factory items still.

On 22/02/2022 at 12:40, on_booost said:

@MYF1_

I have recently installed a Powder-coated cage from BBI.

I had a mate buy one from the UK (not sure of the brand - maybe and it arrived bent....  ) and have looked at the Factory Harness bar - couldn't find one at the time would've wanted to PC it as well - so not a good deal for me.. I

I've installed and removed the factory one - and its a major pain. Also only bolts to the seat belt mounts. 

The BBI one was really  nicely made, has quality powder coating, and was easy to install. Yes there was some fiddling (as it bolts to the rear shock mount) with some of the trim - but I'm pretty fussy. You do have to trim a bit of carpet. I ordered a few factory trim bits (so as to remove the rear belts) and it looks quite factory.

BBI are my go-to for go-fast bits now - Suncoast for factory items still.

Excellent, thanks.

Yes, from my research BBI seems like the best option out there at the moment. I like the DAS too but it doesn't seem as well made as the BBI. The BBI mounts look much better too. How does the X brace look from the rear window. The only thing that I don't quite like is the top bars of the X brace start lower to the main hoop. I'm a bit fussy too.

Any pictures? Pics of the mounting points, and the carpet you had to trim? Pics from outside the car? Do you have the BOSE and sunroof option? Seat interference?

Thanks again.

As far as I know:

a) its stainless - not Ti.

b) Yes it will fit - the part numbers are interchangeable and the lower floor of the tubs EXACTLY the same

On 26/02/2022 at 21:08, MYF1_ said:

Excellent, thanks.

Yes, from my research BBI seems like the best option out there at the moment. I like the DAS too but it doesn't seem as well made as the BBI. The BBI mounts look much better too. How does the X brace look from the rear window. The only thing that I don't quite like is the top bars of the X brace start lower to the main hoop. I'm a bit fussy too.

Any pictures? Pics of the mounting points, and the carpet you had to trim? Pics from outside the car? Do you have the BOSE and sunroof option? Seat interference?

Thanks again.

X Brace looks fine - cant see what that it doesn't  start from the top of the arch (If thats what you mean?)

Only had to trim a small section that goes where the bar mounts to the top of the struts, Yes to Bose and Sunroof.

I have GT2 buckets in mine - and it misses out on the last notch - just - but i don't drive with the seat that far back. (im only 184cm)

Pics below. 

IMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2090.jpeg

65295328301__693A43A8-B785-468A-BF0E-C0E3C0E5C063.jpeg

IMG_2098.jpeg

IMG_2099.jpeg

IMG_2095.jpeg

65295328301__693A43A8-B785-468A-BF0E-C0E3C0E5C063 2.jpeg

65485051318__24B7969E-37DD-4D22-BC96-621619F53EF3.jpeg

IMG_2089.jpeg