• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting how those articles highlight that in Aus we only get the higher spec models!  Or is that BS?

If you could buy a cheaper version of a new 991 that didn't have leather seats and all the other electric gizmos for far less $$$ would you be interested in buying one?

I'd certainly go for a 981 if they came in a more vanilla form...  for like SLK200 type money ie $85 - 90k

Interesting how those articles highlight that in Aus we only get the higher spec models!  Or is that BS?

If you could buy a cheaper version of a new 991 that didn't have leather seats and all the other electric gizmos for far less $$$ would you be interested in buying one?

I'd certainly go for a 981 if they came in a more vanilla form...  for like SLK200 type money ie $85 - 90k

Amanda they are full of it. Basically the differences between say AU and US spec cars is minute.......

I would be happier to pay for the car as per US based pricing and as per US based option pricing! All of our options are nearly twice the price of the US. My car has $33K options  (from memory) which in the US would struggle to get to $15K. Main differences they get manual seats, base radio etc. Noone in the US takes a car without the option to upgrade their seats etc. This premium package or whatever they call it over there is something like $3K for the equivalent would be $8K.

Dont quote me on figures its all from memory but the differences are huge.

Amanda they are full of it. Basically the differences between say AU and US spec cars is minute.......

I would be happier to pay for the car as per US based pricing and as per US based option pricing! All of our options are nearly twice the price of the US. My car has $33K options  (from memory) which in the US would struggle to get to $15K. Main differences they get manual seats, base radio etc. Noone in the US takes a car without the option to upgrade their seats etc. This premium package or whatever they call it over there is something like $3K for the equivalent would be $8K.

Dont quote me on figures its all from memory but the differences are huge.

As you can probably guess, I have no idea about the new Porsches. I don't torment myself with something I know I can't have for about 12 years :D

991 4S For an eye watering $335,000 Ouch...!!!!

1C4S2013-02-20100612Small_zps4d5e0c2a.jp

2C4S2013-02-20100538Small_zpsb86ed161.jp

3C4S2013-02-20100459Small_zpseaae6dc7.jp

4C4S2013-02-20100725Small_zps1449a176.jp

5C4S2013-02-20090846-1Small_zpsb6831779.

Nice car, by the way the floor mats are included. Re the question of money, anyone tried to drive money through a really twisty road, or enjoyed the exhaust note of a $50 note in your wallet compared to the sports exhaust of a 991. It's all relative, if it was all about the money we would all be driving (may I rot in hell) Camrys!!! We buy what we can afford, the love of Porsche, it's about the car not the money.

• 1 year later...

I have commented on this sort of discussion in the past and basically told ....its just marketing. Porsche I have heard myth or not dictate the price and for the various countries and for Australia, from my rough calculations it 100k profit after taxes if you use a similar UK spec car..

I think if you are buying a new Lambo Aventador the price is close double what the yanks pay..

Archived