992 GT3 market watch

12 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Here's another Filpper

Now its up to $620,000

2021 Porsche 911 GT3 992 Auto MY22.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2021-porsche-911-gt3-992-auto-my22/SSE-AD-12438372

Its a free market but anybody who pays that kind of money is nuts. Especially considering the buyer will lose over $100K on the car within 12 months.

I just paid $510K on road for the 991.2 RS ,the seller made $30K tidy profit on it in 3 years , and as we know they made a lot of 991.2 GT3 RS cars,, just seems to be where the market is at and it is near impossible to get a allocation for a 992 GT3 or GT3 Touring , one can only imagine the mark up on the 992 GT3 RS when it arrives my dealer told me its base price will be around $525K mark so add on WP option and PCCB and its easy $600K car .

9 minutes ago, spiller said:

Long term, an RS is an RS, even if the 992 GT3 is a technically superior car. 

Every car that follows the next is "technically a superior car" (not bagging but you hear this a lot in regards to GT3s). The reality is stick it on the same tyres and the gap is tiny - at least for the majority of mere mortals driving these things anyway.

At some point you have to bite the bullet and just enjoy the here and now. That's my take on it after finding it very difficult to purchase cars direct from Porsche recently.

In other news the housing market just went backwards in Sydney 0.1% ..... maybe there will be light at the end of the tunnel and the flippers can f**k right off back where they came from.

27 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Every car that follows the next is "technically a superior car" (not bagging but you hear this a lot in regards to GT3s). The reality is stick it on the same tyres and the gap is tiny - at least for the majority of mere mortals driving these things anyway.

At some point you have to bite the bullet and just enjoy the here and now. That's my take on it after finding it very difficult to purchase cars direct from Porsche recently.

In other news the housing market just went backwards in Sydney 0.1% ..... maybe there will be light at the end of the tunnel and the flippers can f**k right off back where they came from.

The ATO could factor in a "flipper's tax" of 75% on any profits made from the resale of cars off their MRSP ... that would pay for a whole bunch of free RATs for everyone.

1 hour ago, spiller said:

Congrats @Raven. Very tidy looking car and I think you made the right choice, even if it was by default. Long term, an RS is an RS, even if the 992 GT3 is a technically superior car. 

Yeh waiting 3 weeks is hard enough let alone 18 months , car will not be tracked as I have dedicated track cars , so was just after a very special weekend car and this one was just too good to pass on the car is immaculate and I am certain it will delivery miles and miles of big smiles .

Adam from Veluce has me penciled in for a pick up and delivery somewhere between the 14th and 21st  March, he just needs to find a client who wants a car delivered down south and will bring mine back on the return trip ..