Current models for rent

DJM

PCM now offer 911s, 718s and Taycan for rent.  Shame there’s no GT cars……

for $911 I’d happily take a C2S for a day up Reefton and Lake Mountain 🤔  Hand it back covered in brake dust and dead bugs and walk away 😎

https://www.dmarge.com/2022/02/porsche-drive-rental-australia.html

What vehicles are available?

Porsche Drive Rental will offer you access to the following models:

911 Carrera 4S (model year: 2020)911 Carrera S (model year: 2020)718 Boxster S (model year: 2020)Taycan 4S (model year: 2021)

The model colour is subject to availability.

Call me cynical but is Porsche cashing in on the lack of Demo’s. You need to pay for the test drive 🤔. I like the idea though of having access to these cars for a day. Probably not much more expensive than hiring say a Wedding car. My niece was married on Friday and delivered in a creaky old Mustang that could barley start 😳

They do this in Europe - I rented a GTS for a week from Porsche in Switzerland, its been around for a while.

I don't know what the experience will be like here, but I rented a bunch of sports cars on that particular trip from different companies, and Porsche was by far and away the best to deal with.

I'm hoping (dreaming) that the final pricing model (if/when it goes to AU-wide release) becomes a bit more reasonable...  unfortunately I doubt that will happen - usual price gouging, local supply/demand, etc, etc.

Here is the US pricing for reference... I'd pay AUD 5k a month for a 911 over Summer... but not 27k as it is right now! (30 x $911) 🤣

image.png.7b9f8c90f798d754f5c39452b128796f.png

1 hour ago, Beau said:

I'm hoping (dreaming) that the final pricing model (if/when it goes to AU-wide release) becomes a bit more reasonable...  unfortunately I doubt that will happen - usual price gouging, local supply/demand, etc, etc.

Here is the US pricing for reference... I'd pay AUD 5k a month for a 911 over Summer... but not 27k as it is right now! (30 x $911) 🤣

image.png.7b9f8c90f798d754f5c39452b128796f.png

Woah… the US prices make ours look like legalised daylight robbery by comparison…

• 2 weeks later...