Singer Turbo study.

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/02/09/singer-turbo-study-porsche-911-revealed/#slide-2381816

Looks the absolute business - I prefer it to the ‘old’ singers.  

I wonder if we will see knockoff front and rear spoilers appear

Interesting they reinterpreted the 3 spoke Porsche wheel, the early turbo tail and went for blocky 928 style seats.  Exactly how I would do it 

4 hours ago, hugh said:

You mean 964 values @LeeM ;)

I meant 930 owners are going to say in their sales ads "Collectors item/rare opportunity/a quarter of the price of the new Singer Turbo tribute...blah blah"

The Singer does look good though 

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/02/09/singer-turbo-study-porsche-911-revealed/#slide-2381816

Looks the absolute business - I prefer it to the ‘old’ singers.  

I wonder if we will see knockoff front and rear spoilers appear

There's a bloke on Instagram copying most of Singers bits n pieces to sell built to order. Mirrors, dash, rear seat squab, flares and I think at least front bumper. Quality kit and he's using carbon etc. 

Image a Turbo charged version of the Williams designed flat six Singer is currently offering,,,this would be a pretty wild piece of kit if its boost to around 600 + HP in what no doubt would be a light weight carbon body shell , similar performance and price to say new Ruf CTR Anniversary another equally impressive re imagined 911 ..

Image131.jpg

11 minutes ago, Raven said:

Image a Turbo charged version of the Williams designed flat six Singer is currently offering,,,this would be a pretty wild piece of kit if its boost to around 600 + HP in what no doubt would be a light weight carbon body shell , similar performance and price to say new Ruf CTR Anniversary another equally impressive re imagined 911 ..

That engine has already got to be close to the limit at 500hp. But really, what more do you need? 500hp in a car that weighs under 1000kg should be plenty, especially naturally aspirated.

And why would you want to give up this noise....

47 minutes ago, sleazius said:

That engine has already got to be close to the limit at 500hp. But really, what more do you need? 500hp in a car that weighs under 1000kg should be plenty, especially naturally aspirated.

And why would you want to give up this noise....

They said in the posted article below that the Turbo engines will start at a modest 450HP and  a customer can specify more power if required ,,, but Yeh I would have to agree the NA DLS motor would be glorious in it and more than enough HP and I much prefer the reimagined 930 body styling .

Up until now, Singer has put its efforts into naturally aspirated flat-six efforts. This changes with the new Turbo Study, and of course the result is more power. The modified bodywork of this gorgeous Singer resembles that of the 930 Turbo, but per usual with Singer, the 964 and its air-cooled flat-six is the starting point for the engine. Singer says that its Turbo Study features “a new evolution of the Mezger” flat-six, now in an enlarged 3.8-liter form. Base power output is 450 horsepower, but customers can specify more if they desire — Singer just doesn’t say how much more is possible.

To make that power, this 3.8-liter flat-six features twin turbochargers with an electric wastegate, bespoke air-to-water intercoolers and a unique “shark fin” on the rear fender that acts as an intake. Singer is also going to offer folks the choice of either rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive with the Turbo, and no matter the drive selection, a six-speed manual transmission will be standard. To keep things in line, both traction control and ABS systems are present on the car.

3 hours ago, mrar said:

930's are 930's in my book, would never compare them or associate them to these.

Originals are special cars in thier own right, nothing else looks like them or drives same. (excluding na 911 cars before)

Think it's a nod to the past.

🤙

It looks like a modernised 930 to me, yet I get your point 👍

It’s an interesting move by Singer as I would envisage the interest to be less than an N/A Singer (as reflected in the typical 911 market). 

I can’t help but think this is a move to position Singer more in-line with Porsche who will essentially be all turbo’s for their petrol line up (GT3 being the only exception). A retro 930 turbo seems more appealing than a backdated N/A body car with a turbo bolted on? More cost effective to extract performance, tuneable etc? Worth keeping in mind there are now options to have a factory Porsche engine in your new Singer, all seems a little bit convenient. 

Not my thang but no doubt they already have a 5 year waiting list…………..

I really wish them well, they execute these cars beautifully. And their brand goes from strength to strength.

But the only Singers that resonated with me were the originals. They seem to be moving away from really made them cool in the first place in an effort to make more offerings to an even wider audience. They are becoming more mainstream ( if ever a company selling million dollar reimaginations could be called that).

I understand they are a business needing to make returns for their investors and be sustainable for their corporate partners, their staff and their existing customers, but each new model they announce appeals less to me.

im not trying to be inflammatory or deliberately contrary here, but the only real reimagining’s  that I would spend my hard earned on given the chance and a bit of luck would be an Emory Outlaw 356

I agree with @hugh, I don't think they will be as popular as the original. The originals are still the benchmark for all of the followers, but for me the DLS is absolutely astonishing in every aspect. This Turbo appeals much less to me and the off road thing does even less for me.