4 post hoists. Interested in what are you using.

990SD

Hi everyone. 

I'm looking into a 4 post hoist for storage and to do basic work on my cars.

If you have a four poster, I'd be grateful if you could reply with what brand it is and your experiences with usage, maintenance, and features you love/hate or wish you had.

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, 990SD said:

Hi everyone. 

I'm looking into a 4 post hoist for storage and to do basic work on my cars.

If you have a four poster, I'd be grateful if you could reply with what brand it is and your experiences with usage, maintenance, and features you love/hate or wish you had.

Thanks 

Tufflift.  I have 4. Great product 

Yep, I also have a 4post tufflift, the extra high version makes it perfect to park a daily underneath with no compromise.

i just added a sliding jack unit to it, which makes any wheels off work easy..

The installer who is a full time hoist mechanic for workshops, highly recommended these for domestic use.

2 hours ago, tk111 said:

Yep, I also have a 4post tufflift, the extra high version makes it perfect to park a daily underneath with no compromise.

i just added a sliding jack unit to it, which makes any wheels off work easy..

I have a Tufflift - the Extra Height version.  Makes it very easy to walk under if you have the Garage ceiling height. 

12 minutes ago, sleazius said:

waffle pod slab

Most house garages are done this way and I do not have a problem. If you are that concerned, then you could always cut/drill some pillars and fill with solid concrete for a decent pad. What kind of weight are you thinking of lifting?

8 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Most house garages are done this way and I do not have a problem. If you are that concerned, then you could always cut/drill some pillars and fill with solid concrete for a decent pad. What kind of weight are you thinking of lifting?

Just going off the engineers drawing for the slab, the top over the voids is only 85mm. The autostacker is the only thing that I've seen spec wise that comes close at 88mm. I was just being cautious. I didn't want to use spreader plates, and cutting into the slab when I already have to fork out for 3 new side lifters, and raising the rails x 3 on the panel lift doors.

I'll leave the GTS on the floor, so the most weight would be around 1500kg. Spoke with Bendpak initially and they were all about cutting the slab till I asked about the autostacker.

Not an engineer so stuffed if I know :ConfusedGeek: