Just drove through the RNP yesterday

AndrewM

After the NSW Porsche Club breakfast out at Tea and Green's Cafe in Wilton, we decided to head back to Sydney via the Royal National Park.

10am Sunday morning 

• 1x unmarked parked mobile speed camera (just before hitting Stanwell Tops car park)
  • 1x marked parked mobile speed camera
  • 2x highway patrol cars parked hidden in different spots on the road
  • 1x police bike parked in a fairly obvious spot near a turn-off
  • 1x police bike travelling along the road

Looks like there may be a funding crisis at the moment!

6 hours ago, jakroo said:

or perhaps they were just keeping the roads monitored so all road users are kept as safe as possible.

Nah .. it's not that.

Besides, they let you keep your licence, so they're obviously not too worried about keeping people safe ... :cool07:

8 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Nah .. it's not that........

I think you'll find they are.

Road user monitoring will occur more frequently on roads that are more frequently used and will typically be  monitored when the roads are actually in use. If one was to drive through there on a rainy Tuesday evening, you'd more than likely find it less monitored than a sunny Sunday morning.

I don't drive in the RNP. I think I've driven it twice in 35 years of driving. Tight corners or poor visibility along with poor surface conditions and idiot road users trying to break the land speed record don't make it a nice place to be. A lot like parts of the old Pacific Highway on the NSW central coast.

• 11 months later...

Done RNP quite Alot recently 

Last one was sat night around 9pm . A few squads of JDM lads beemers otherwise fun until almost out of the park on the nth end and was blocked due to a mofo sized crash

Got turned  round and had the fun of sedately blasting up waterfall 

but as MR @edgy says day break best on a weekend/weekday 

Galston gorge/ wiseman’s /pac fun . But an earlier than 7am start be better 

Agree we also do it early leave by 6 rarely traffic or cameras, waze ur friend too.

same north. We did the wiseman punt run to wollombi late dec. 3 cars buckled a rim on the road nth out of wireman’s punt it is so badly damaged atm avoid