993 replacement key fob/ remote query

911virgin

Hey all,

Any places in Melbourne to get these at a decent price?

I'm not looking for the OEM key/ remote but the  flatter rectangular thing you can press to open/ close /lock the car ( when the OEM key/ remote has carked it)

Sorry I can't post a photo/ link

Looking on eBay Australia without success

Any advices much appreciated

• 1 month later...

Late ato the party, but do you have the original switch blade key? I'm not sure when they changed to that but I've just changed over my '97 993 from the switch blade key (which sucks), to the seperate key and remote setup like my '95 993. The guts of the remote moves over to the new case without any hassle - it's identical. The key head can be liberated from the switch blade setup and moved into a standard key head in a few minutes as well. I looked at 3rd party stuff but ended up buying the empty remote case and key head from Porsche. No mucking about with reprogramming remotes etc.

21 hours ago, pocketscience said:

Late ato the party, but do you have the original switch blade key? I'm not sure when they changed to that but I've just changed over my '97 993 from the switch blade key (which sucks), to the seperate key and remote setup like my '95 993. The guts of the remote moves over to the new case without any hassle - it's identical. The key head can be liberated from the switch blade setup and moved into a standard key head in a few minutes as well. I looked at 3rd party stuff but ended up buying the empty remote case and key head from Porsche. No mucking about with reprogramming remotes etc.

i have the original swtich blabe key.

what did the remote fob and seperate key parts cost from porsche?

On 13/04/2022 at 14:05, 911virgin said:

i have the original swtich blabe key.

what did the remote fob and seperate key parts cost from porsche?

All up around $230. You should be able to do the same with the cheaper 3rd party bits off ebay or wherever. If you do go with original these are the part numbers:

Key head: 944.538.041.01