SUV upgrade

Hi all, 

Time to upgrade the Tiguan I have. 

I have a budget of around $50-70,000. I was initially looking at a Rav 4, but with the 12 month wait time, I've started looking at a few different options. I was thinking a 2015-2016. Diesel Macan, or similar. 

If anyone has some recommendations, that would be great. 

6 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

I’m sure a Macan is a great car but the Rav4 Hybrid is worth the wait, we have our 2nd one on order. 

Rav 4 is definitely good value, but 12 months at this stage is not an option. 

I have a petrol Macan S and I love it. It can be the boring car and do all the boring car things, but if you find yourself in the boring car on a fun road it is fantastic. Even in the twisties it would almost keep up with my 911's. I know the Diesel is not quite as quick but I am sure it is still fun. 

My only issue has been the stupid leaking sunroof. 

• 1 month later...
On 14/03/2022 at 21:53, MFX said:

I have a petrol Macan S and I love it. It can be the boring car and do all the boring car things, but if you find yourself in the boring car on a fun road it is fantastic. Even in the twisties it would almost keep up with my 911's. I know the Diesel is not quite as quick but I am sure it is still fun. 

My only issue has been the stupid leaking sunroof. 

My diesel is fun! The PDK is great when you want a spirited drive. Had a base petrol as a loan car while mine was being serviced and couldn't wait to give it back.

On 06/05/2022 at 15:07, JLD said:

My diesel is fun! The PDK is great when you want a spirited drive. Had a base petrol as a loan car while mine was being serviced and couldn't wait to give it back.

The base petrol is a no go. Like Jeff I had an S and drove it on long trips and in the twisties it managed both with ease, loved it.