TIM BLANCHARD IN EX JIM RICHARDS 996 GT3

Great photos Niko.  Interesting, there is a discussion on one of the Oz FB groups ATM about masking the fried eggs.  I usually hate the resulting look, but the front of this car actually looks really good.  I think it must be the way the yellow strip over the front of the bonnet joins up the lights 🙂 

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Great photos Niko.  Interesting, there is a discussion on one of the Oz FB groups ATM about masking the fried eggs.  I usually hate the resulting look, but the front of this car actually looks really good.  I think it must be the way the yellow strip over the front of the bonnet joins up the lights 🙂 

I have a very…. Very interesting story concerning this car    And photos to back it up    Stay tuned readers 😎

3 hours ago, Niko said:

I have a very…. Very interesting story concerning this car    And photos to back it up    Stay tuned readers 😎

I think it may have happened on the Friday of the Historic weekend,   the car was put on the hydraulic jack/lifter and when it was activated to lift the car, the jack thingy (that's as technical as I get)  on the right rear, went off like a bullet.   Apparently an "O" pressure ring shit itself.   Resulting in part of the lifting tube going off like a bullet and straight through the floor and then the  roof of the car.

If you look closely on the bottom photo down in the right hand side of the inside body, you will see the spring coily jigga from that hydraulic thingy, still in the car wrapped around the roll cage.    Plus the race tape on the roof doing the "aerodynamic thing"    Could you imagine if anyone was inside the car when that thing went off.

I IMG_8912.thumb.JPG.8f000bf0ff470090a7204c523720199a.JPGIMG_8913.thumb.JPG.c217611e7b74bca2f53cf4981a9878ca.JPGbel

Grate photos @Niko

I was contacted by the owner of the Jim Richards 2002 Cupcar a few months ago & given the task to organise preparation of this car for the Phillip Island Classic, I sent the car to my good mate Andy Hall at Cupcar Engineering  & he did a fantastic job of recommissioning it after 8 years of not being used, we tested it the week prior at Sandown & everything went perfect. The Phillip Island event went really well for us with Tim Blanchard driving finishing 3rd in the field of mostly V8 Supercars, It was great to be garaged with Larry & Jack Perkins & the boys from Eggleston Motorsport 

20 minutes ago, Niko said:

I think it may have happened on the Friday of the Historic weekend,   the car was put on the hydraulic jack/lifter and when it was activated to lift the car, the jack thingy (that's as technical as I get)  on the right rear, went off like a bullet.   Apparently an "O" pressure ring shit itself.   Resulting in part of the lifting tube going off like a bullet and straight through the floor and then the  roof of the car.

If you look closely on the bottom photo down in the right hand side of the inside body, you will see the spring coily jigga from that hydraulic thingy, still in the car wrapped around the roll cage.    Plus the race tape on the roof doing the "aerodynamic thing"    Could you imagine if anyone was inside the car when that thing went off.

Yes we had an air jack failure on Saturday, as the car was being jacked up the top part of the rear air jack cylinder failed sending the top cap off into the roof, it did NOT go through the roof or the cylinder out the bottom of the car, after an inspection of the air jack we noticed it had been pulled apart & put back together with some binding on the threads so it looks like it was only a matter of time before it failed... I'm so grateful no one was injured as i was standing right next to it as it went off. I picked up new air jacks today & the repair to the roof will be completed tomorrow. 

11 hours ago, LeeM said:

Great shots again Niko 👍

@spiller Did you and Zander head out last weekend? 

This weekend mate. Looking forward to it.

Great pics thanks for sharing @Niko. Nice work with the car @James P and good results on track. I have heard that happening with another 996 where the air jack went all the way through the roof. Freaky! Did you redo the livery on this one James or has it remained in its original all this time? Will hopefully bring my 996 cup to this event in 2023 along with Zander in the Fitzy car.

10 hours ago, spiller said:

This weekend mate. Looking forward to it.

Great pics thanks for sharing @Niko. Nice work with the car @James P and good results on track. I have heard that happening with another 996 where the air jack went all the way through the roof. Freaky! Did you redo the livery on this one James or has it remained in its original all this time? Will hopefully bring my 996 cup to this event in 2023 along with Zander in the Fitzy car.

The livery was done by the car owner, the windscreen banner is not correct as this car is the 2002 championship winning Nations cup car for Jim Richards. It then went on to compete in Carrera cup in private hands from 03 onwards 

1 hour ago, Allan C said:

0W0A0530.thumb.JPG.37720727f9e5a8262fd9fa546e11e222.JPG

Same JR 996 GT3 Cup competing at Porsche Club Queensland sprints at Morgan Park - 22 July 2017.

Jim's 2004/2005 996 Cup cars also has the same covering on the headlights.

This is the JR 03 Cupcar above & the 04 JR Cupcar that i sold last year is in Qld also