First trackday 930

Nighthawk

1 hour ago, OZ930 said:

Having never done this, would it be worthwhile getting a more aggressive wheel alignment ?

Just starting slow on the first trackday, I’ll check the tyre wear & adjust from there, maybe put a bit of tension on the new strut brace. 

4 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Remember to post some pics of that 930 boogie-ing down the straight

Now where to put the gopro, the list keeps growing. 

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

The old 'Red mist/you're not beating me asshole'  syndrome

But not so much so, was the first time since ownership I could stretch her legs.

Towards the end of the session I couldn’t be bothered with anything over 160. Then it was more about the twisties and make it through them the best I could.

Big learning g curve for a street only driver.

On 26/03/2022 at 14:32, Nighthawk said:

I get that syndrome when I’m cycling, I could be in trouble. 

Birthday present on. 

907853D4-A08E-4627-8D93-1EFC93B00938.jpeg

Brake fluid change, shows I need a bit of cleaning behind those wheels. 

AD424CE6-69BD-4860-8429-B8DAD3CD1EBE.jpeg

Sorry guys, but I’m calling it, out for tonight’s trackday/night.

Too wet for a first time on track, & trying to learn to drive the 930.

For me, I know there will be no enjoyment or sense of accomplishment. 

To all that lent me their advice, much appreciated, it will be kept.

I hope to add to this forum shortly with my next track day adventure.

1 hour ago, Nighthawk said:

Sorry guys, but I’m calling it, out for tonight’s trackday/night.

Too wet for a first time on track, & trying to learn to drive the 930.

For me, I know there will be no enjoyment or sense of accomplishment. 

No shame in that mate... I was out there on Saturday, the rain held off enough to get a semi-dry track, but it was absolute slop... I ended bailing after lunch anyway as the conditions only deteriorated. It is frustrating and risky, not my idea of fun, or safe conditions to set a good time anyway. 

Totally agree.

I have done wet track days, both in the 911 and on motorcycles. I've enjoyed them and learnt a lot but, not for the first time out.

Everything is somewhat similar but happens at considerably slower speeds. In saying that, I was quite surprised how quick you could corner the 911 in the wet with good technique, and how quick it would swap ends with poor technique!

• 2 weeks later...

Feel ripped off.

The trackday/night was canceled on the 29th of March due to rain, if you attended SMSP on the night, you received a credit to book another trackday Driving Solutions who run the event will NOT give you a credit if you didn’t show up in the drenching rain. 
Is this standard practice? 
I think it’s poor form.  

Yes it is , but by the looks of the image you posted of the rain pouring down from the canteen balcony you were there and had your name marked off , so you should be allowed to reschedule , they run these every month , wait till June, July eg Winter the rain should be gone by then ..

No, the photo was sent to me from my mate, who was also ready to start his first trackday adventure in his caterham 7. 
He drove out there in his work truck just to have a look at the track, having never been there. 
That’s my problem I didn’t show up, so maybe lesson learnt, just go & front up no matter what the weather conditions. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Nighthawk,

I met you at Luddenham on Sunday, but I didn’t think to ask if you also were on the PFA forums. I was the guy (Ian) in the grey Boxster who came over to admire your beautiful 930 on more than one occasion :).

We were amazingly lucky with the weather… perfect cool dry weather on Sunday whilst raining on Saturday and today!

As you mentioned Luddenham is not the ideal track for the 930 (perfect for Boxsters). But despite being unable to explore the higher gears, you looked like you were having a great time :)I know all of my mates I came with were commenting on your car and how good it looked and sounded.

I hope you continue to enjoy the car in good health!

Cheers,

Ian