996 catalytic Convertor options.

NAC911

Hi Folks,

looking at a bit more engine note from my 996. 

I have Fabspeed mufflers but i like the extra note of high flow 200 cell Cats.

My options are:

1) Buy high flow cats - expensive.

2) Modify the std cats and replace the internals with high flow 200 or even 100 cell internals.

3) Modify the std cats and machine holes in the 400 cell material to improve flow.

What are peoples experiences with either of these options?  

I bought the high flow cat option with the IPE exhaust system. From what you have above, the best 2 options woudl be to either buy the replacement cats to match your system or two cats to replace the standard cats and have then welded into the stock system.

I'd say definitely but exhaust sound is subjective! Also have cargraphic mufflers & headers. 

Also we have had experience with top gear xpipe on a friend's 996 which just be weary can start to rattle due to thermal expansion after awhile. 

We are a cargraphic distributor so feel free to drop me a PM and we can get you a price if you'd like. 

7 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

I'd say definitely but exhaust sound is subjective! Also have cargraphic mufflers & headers. 

Also we have had experience with top gear xpipe on a friend's 996 which just be weary can start to rattle due to thermal expansion after awhile. 

We are a cargraphic distributor so feel free to drop me a PM and we can get you a price if you'd like. 

Awesome! Thankyou. When im ready to go will do.

I've got Fabspeed mufflers, but stock headers, and stock cats.

Cargraphic wheels though too.