Shannon's scam

Just received an email with Shannons header.

It looked dodgy, so I called Shannons, and they advise they haven't emailed me anything since last year, and it's the first time they've heard of scam emails using their letterhead, so if you are with them, don't open any attachments! 

12 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Was that the one about "Quick updates about payments"?  If so I got the same one and promptly deleted it.

Mine had "Urgent information..." so I didn't open it 😅

The header with their phone and email details looked strange with some of the text unreadable

Do you mean the one with Shannons moving to EFTPOS to clear Visa and Mastercard DEBIT card transactions? (Not CREDIT CARDS) ? And even then, it didn't look like there was anything to do, so seemed more informational than anything...

Seemed legitimate to me, although I don't pay with DEBIT card so didn't look at it any harder (and yes - I agree - definitely not clicking on links in those sort of emails)

5 hours ago, AndrewM said:

Do you mean the one with Shannons moving to EFTPOS to clear Visa and Mastercard DEBIT card transactions? (Not CREDIT CARDS) ? And even then, it didn't look like there was anything to do, so seemed more informational than anything...

No, nothing at all about any cards or financial transactions etc

This was the header, and not much else was mentioned

Screenshot-20220331-164640-Gmail.jpg

19 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Its weird because I can’t see a payload.  The contact us link goes to the Shannon’s site. 

Just checked my last Shannon's email , It was about flood relief and donations to help people in strife.  Plus how to claim if affected, And that was on the 11 of March.

I got the same email.  It does look like a scam just has no obvious payload.

To be fair I doubt a call centre operator has org-level view on whether or not someone has been sent an email from anywhere in the company.  If they do they certainly have their ducks in a row.