993 steering wheel change

Rachnath

I’m in the process of replacing my std airbag steering wheel with a non airbag rs steering wheel. The problem is the item know as the spring clock. There are a few you tube articles etc on changing the steering wheels however non address what to do with the clock spring and the wiring associated with it. Has anybody fitted an non airbag type their 993 who can assist, please.

10 hours ago, WB997.2GTS said:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/667291-993-rs-steering-wheel-installed-wiring-photos.html
Try this link it might help with deleting the air bag & adding horn.

Thanks for that. I found found some further helpful info this morning. Basically the clock spring gets deleted. So unplugged it and pulled it out. 
then proceeded to fit the wheel and horn fitment, Hence I’ve advanced considerably since yesterday.
The car starts, runs and steers well. My next step is to get the horn to work and the airbag warning light to disappear. 
but that’s  for another day, sadly electronic/ electricals are not my strong points. 
anyone in the Glebe Area????with electronic skills : )

otherwise thx for your input, most appreciated.