1989 930 Door Speakers

Wags

Hi

I have a 1989 930 Turbo with an aftermarket stereo and door speakers. I want to make it look "original" again. I will probably buy the Blaupunkt stereo (Bremen SQR346)  but I need to find some aftermarket door speakers and tweeters that match the original look. See photo below (not my car!!) - this is how the original door speaker and tweeter are supposed to look.

Any advice on what speakers to buy or who can help would be greatly appreciated. Keen to make it look original again.

thanks

Wags

Door panel removal guide - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

I'd start off with the PET and identify what is needed.  Some components are still available as genuine parts but are not cheap.  The Design911 website is good for this.  For the other parts I would keep an eye out on eBay and Pelican Forum - Parts for Sale for second hand genuine.   You may be able to substitute in some generic components like speakers from say Jaycar or eBay as they tend to be reasonably standardised and look similar to the genuine items.  I don't think this will be a quick or cheap exercise but agree well worth it as nothing destroys the interior of these cars like a disco look stereo.  

It's probably more an exercise in getting the right speaker covers than the right speakers, depending on how they are mounted.  I replaced the 4x6 rear shelf speakers with new ones (not genuine) but the original covers fitted easily back onto them.   As Peter M says find out the part number of the original covers and work backwards from there.  However the thing you're going to need to check is - was the door/door card butchered when the originals were first removed?