Looking to purchase 996 911 Porsche. Auto or manual !

Fabian

Most people will say buy a manual for obvious reasons but don’t rule out the tip they are great cars to drive and own.Good manuals are becoming just a little bit harder to find for the right price but then again prices are all over the place with people trying it on.Have you driven one? I’d say that’s the only way to definitely know what you truly want.Good luck with the search and if you can buy one with the ims done that’s a bonus.

And forgot to say if you are anywhere near the Mornington peninsula I’ll take you for a spin in mine 

On 18/04/2022 at 15:38, Fabian said:

Looking to purchase a 996 911 Porsche. Auto or manual !
I’m Melbourne based but interstate welcome.

condition isn’t an issue

Thank you 😊 

Assuming coupe? What’s your budget? Manual coupe listed yesterday on carsales for $60k lasted 4 hours, it was at least  $15k too cheap imho. Great buying for someone if it’s as good as it read in the listing

47 minutes ago, Tips said:

Assuming coupe? What’s your budget? Manual coupe listed yesterday on carsales for $60k lasted 4 hours, it was at least  $15k too cheap imho. Great buying for someone if it’s as good as it read in the listing

Series 1 or 2? That's 15k cheaper than the cheapest series 1 currently. 

1 hour ago, Tips said:

Manual coupe listed yesterday on carsales for $60k lasted 4 hours, it was at least  $15k too cheap imho. Great buying for someone if it’s as good as it read in the listing

Mate:  What do you think of this coupe?

Me: Seems too cheap, send me a pic of the options sheet under the bonnet and we'll check that it is Oz delivered and hasn't been in a front-ender

Mate: Sends pic.  

Me: Buy that thing IMMEDIATELY!

Can you believe it was an X51, M030 spec'ed manual coupe for a 2018 (or earlier) price?  Some people have all the luck.  

11 minutes ago, Steve996 said:

Mate:  What do you think of this coupe?

Me: Seems too cheap, send me a pic of the options sheet under the bonnet and we'll check that it is Oz delivered and hasn't been in a front-ender

Mate: Sends pic.  

Me: Buy that thing IMMEDIATELY!

Can you believe it was an X51, M030 spec'ed manual coupe for a 2018 (or earlier) price?  Some people have all the luck.  

OMG..... Please dont tell me it was a Series 2 as well....

1 hour ago, crsedge said:

Great buy! Anyone have the link to post?

Read it and weep https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/SSE-AD-12695416

$59,999 list price

2 hours ago, Steve996 said:

No, it was a 6.1.  He was inspecting it before I even got the notification from Carsales.  Gotta be quick.

Great to hear it went to a buyer who will use it, I was concerned some flipper would be all over it