RWB at Nurburgring

At the risk of being Contrary Mary, I still don't think the RWB styling exercise has contributed anything extra to the car...  All the go fast bits are off the shelf and could be built and set up at home by many here.  The speedo doesn't work, the indicator stalk is missing, and the interior has an unfinished look.  I'm still on the "Meh" fence...

I get what you mean mate, and that's fair enough, as we're all different, yet I think the whole point of this car in particular, is that its been built/modified with a goal in mind (proven in the video), and it goes like the clappers with an experienced driver at the wheel who was very animated afterwards. A speedo, indicator stalk and crap interior probably aren't high on the owners list of 'must do's' when it's basically just a very quick track car with rego plates. I've driven a bonkers air cooled turbo with 400-450hp, and it is stupidly fast, and basically pointless to own as a road car when you can't possibly drive it at its full potential. Unless someone is going to take it to the track after their suspension and engine mods, what's the point of spending a big wedge on a road only car to take to Cars n Coffee meets? 

Oh I agree with just about everything you've written.  What makes this car bonkers is some really clever engineers that know what they're doing and setting this sled up beautifully.  I guess my point is that it wasn't the weird Japanese dude with his angle grinder and pack of Winny Blues that made that car so damn fast, yet it's revered as a "Rauh Welt". 

As you would be well aware of, that's the difference between well sorted cars and show pony's when the right people fit the right parts and set them up, they're a weapon in the right hands.

Yeah I like the RWB look for sure, yet I'm more a fan of those owners who develop and race them at the RWB Idlers 12 hour race. Not 100% sure, but I think a certain member (and RWB owner) has done that race, and having watched a few clips of the racing on YouTube, some of the cars are bloody fast and well sorted...yet it is in Japan, so that's no real surprise really 😁

This is a simple performance discussion, lower the ride height of a vehicle and widen the wheels base. Fit wider rubber (within reason). Look at an RSR - you will see the evolution of what Porsche is doing.

It works.

This particular car is not fast IMO, the indicated speeds were not that high. It also seemed like hard work when at pace. I would expect would be slower on the ring  than a Civic Type R or Megane Trophy R. 

There are some quick ones out there - almost half of the RWB’s built are track cars only. Some of them are pretty quick