FS 1974 Porsche 911 Coupe AU Delivered

Delivered on the 18th December 1974 to SVM Lindfield NSW, this Australian delivered 1974 (MY75) Porsche 911 sunroof coupe was a very nice Christmas present at the time. Everyone knows Porsches look best in green, and this original and rare Ice Green Metallic was a 2 year only colour (250/Y8Y8 silbergründiamant 1974-1975) and 2 year only matching numbers gearbox - a 4 speed sportomatic. The included Certificate Of Authenticity (COA) from Porsche states delivery options as:
009= Sportomatic
559= Air Conditioning
650= Sunroof

Mechanically this car is fantastic - transmission is light touch, cold start is great, engine has the 2.7L torque in the light body, suspension is original Koni and was recently adjusted by East Coast Suspension, no creaks or rattles anywhere, and very few oil drips (far less than my other air cooleds - never seen one that doesn't drip sometimes). The engine had a top end rebuild just prior to my ownership. I know sportomatics have their detractors, but personally I feel it slips into gear like a modern manual - no fishing and grinding around in a 915 gearbox - and there are still 4 gears to shift through if you desire some rev control.

Under the last 6 years of my ownership I have had it annually serviced at Autohaus Hamilton and never had issues. I have replaced a number of items with an emphasis on factory restoration - the most significant being a full body, bare metal, glass out respray in late 2021 in the original Glasurit 55 metallic with clear coat like it was done in the factory. On the guards and wheel wells in particular, the Wurth stone guard was removed and reapplied so there are zero stone chips anywhere. Also replaced the ivory headliner at this time. I have a thick folder of receipts from Pelican, SMC etc. that detail a large number of seals (sunroof, trunk etc), trunk carpets, engine decals etc were restored to original.

Very original features:

• Paint colour, all panels, chrome trim, glass, rear grille etc.
  • Black leatherette interior (incl seats, carpets, Becker Mexico radio)
  • Transmission
  • Toolkit and bag, jack, spare wheel

What's not original:

• Engine was replaced with a low mileage 1977 US spec 7R 2.7L 911S engine that has 165hp (vs 150hp original)
  • RS rear guards (subtle)
  • Momo Protipo steering wheel (original = ugly)
  • Side mirror (correct RHS only but should be chrome AU only golf club model = ugly)
  • Logbooks only go back 10 years, but I have traced ownership back to 1977 (I have original price list, AU delivery numbers - 1of 19, manual, COA, GIPA request for ownership history etc)

If I was keeping it, what would I change:

• I have a replacement electric antenna, but the radio signal is without it going up so haven't worried
  • Change pedal bushings
  • Still undecided about a Porsche script down the side, but it's not original so...

Asking $140,000. Located Sydney north shore. Scott: 0421337868

PXL_20220324_230523077.jpg

PXL_20220324_230559868.jpg

PXL_20220324_230653943.jpg

PXL_20220324_230953835.jpg

PXL_20220324_231155462.MP (1).jpg

PXL_20220324_230707070.MP.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to the various PFA members who came up and had a chat with me on Sunday! Nice to meet forum people in person. 

If I don't hear back from people in the next day or so, the wife says it has to go on Carsales. I would like it to go to someone who cares about P cars as much as I do.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, generalsmirnov said:

4 days on FB marketplace. Headed to Melbourne.

Went to a mate of mine, he is a self professed sporto lover and I am very excited to catch a glimpse at it tomorrow! 

3 hours ago, Schnell said:

Went to a mate of mine, he is a self professed sporto lover and I am very excited to catch a glimpse at it tomorrow! 

Really happy for him, great guy. It's a beautiful car and I put a lot into it. I hope he enjoys it as much as I did :) I will put it out there that a well setup sportomatic is the most underrated Porsche build option there is. 😃