Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TwoHeadsTas

Help please - Sydney based builders / roofing tradies

Recommended Posts

Sorry for this post guys, but I'm getting desperate.....

I'm trustee of a deceased estate, one of the assets being a house in Malabar which one of the beneficiaries lives in.  There was some water damage to the property from the storms earlier in the year, the rectification of which is covered by insurance.

HOWEVER, the water ingress was caused by some previously unknown roof damage, which the insurance company requires to be fixed before they will proceed with the interior repairs.

Despite contacting a number of potential roofing tradies etc, we either can't get a quote from them, or they won't return calls or come and look at the job, and John Lyng who will do the interior repairs, seem to be uninterested or unable to do the initial repairs either.

Do any Forum members run a building company, or are tradies that would be able to help me out?  Money and payment for doing the job is not an issue, we'll pay, and pay immediately, I think I can even swing an upfront payment if that helps 🙂 

Anybody that could help, or if you have a mate that might be able to, please either PM me, or ring 0418 one three zero 375.  I can provide a copy of the report which details the repairs required.  Unfortunately a bid hard to try to organise stuff like this from Tassie....

thanks Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully you find someone. With housing coming off the boil it might become easier. Unfortunately a good portion of tradies fled NSW to QLD during Covid lockdowns so I know in my own business it is now much harder to get work done than it was 2 years ago.

Best of luck finding someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel your pain. Just don't pay upfront. I know it's getting desperate but upfront payments usually just attract the ratbags who will definitely piss off with your money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe give Hi Pages a try (if haven't already) it's a trades finder that after you input what you need, interested tradies ring you.

Or try new builds / sub divisions with roofers on site. if they can't do it they might know someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Sorry for this post guys, but I'm getting desperate.....

I'm trustee of a deceased estate, one of the assets being a house in Malabar which one of the beneficiaries lives in.  There was some water damage to the property from the storms earlier in the year, the rectification of which is covered by insurance.

HOWEVER, the water ingress was caused by some previously unknown roof damage, which the insurance company requires to be fixed before they will proceed with the interior repairs.

Despite contacting a number of potential roofing tradies etc, we either can't get a quote from them, or they won't return calls or come and look at the job, and John Lyng who will do the interior repairs, seem to be uninterested or unable to do the initial repairs either.

Do any Forum members run a building company, or are tradies that would be able to help me out?  Money and payment for doing the job is not an issue, we'll pay, and pay immediately, I think I can even swing an upfront payment if that helps 🙂 

Anybody that could help, or if you have a mate that might be able to, please either PM me, or ring 0418 one three zero 375.  I can provide a copy of the report which details the repairs required.  Unfortunately a bid hard to try to organise stuff like this from Tassie....

thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

Try this guy, Sydney based, names Dean, 0457 362428, tell him Greg Crisp gave you his number. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

Hi Peter,

Try this guy, Sydney based, names Dean, 0457 362428, tell him Greg Crisp gave you his number. 

Thanks Greg, I'll call him in the morning!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Never pay up front Pete. Only a 5-10% deposit is all that's required. If they demand any more, I'd say you're getting @#$%ed. 

 Being in the building maintenance/repair/reno game, especially these past 2 years, there's too many potential problems that can delay works from even commencing, let alone being completed on time.

 We've experienced a lot of material and labour shortages (usually due to covid or soft cock employees with the sniffles), other trades delays, inclement weather etc etc.  From my own experience with who I contract to, many companies take on far too much work that they know they can't possibly complete on time by not having enough tradies employed, and that just annoys the hell out of the clients when timelines get pushed out. We have one reno job that started in December, yet due to someone biting off a lot more than they thought they could chew, material shortages and other contracted trades holding us up by weeks, not days, we have some very pissed off clients, as they paid up front as requested for an 8 to 12 week reno.

  We are getting flogged at the moment (I see a lot of John Lyng work), and we need at least 5 to 10 trades just to help out, but everyone seems to be flat out and no trades available. 

 Sorry to dribble on, but I'd say you will probably pay above what the job would normally cost, yet stress to whoever you get onto that it is urgent for the reasons you've mentioned 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And just to add to above conversation,  I would really try and get some local, As we all know long distance relationships rarely work .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaaand I now have the day off with no income, due to other trades not painting some kitchen panels and kickers on time. They've only had 4 weeks 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/08/2022 at 09:53, TwoHeadsTas said:

Sorry for this post guys, but I'm getting desperate.....

I'm trustee of a deceased estate, one of the assets being a house in Malabar which one of the beneficiaries lives in.  There was some water damage to the property from the storms earlier in the year, the rectification of which is covered by insurance.

HOWEVER, the water ingress was caused by some previously unknown roof damage, which the insurance company requires to be fixed before they will proceed with the interior repairs.

Despite contacting a number of potential roofing tradies etc, we either can't get a quote from them, or they won't return calls or come and look at the job, and John Lyng who will do the interior repairs, seem to be uninterested or unable to do the initial repairs either.

Do any Forum members run a building company, or are tradies that would be able to help me out?  Money and payment for doing the job is not an issue, we'll pay, and pay immediately, I think I can even swing an upfront payment if that helps 🙂 

Anybody that could help, or if you have a mate that might be able to, please either PM me, or ring 0418 one three zero 375.  I can provide a copy of the report which details the repairs required.  Unfortunately a bid hard to try to organise stuff like this from Tassie....

thanks Peter

Hi Peter, I may be able to help, if you haven’t found anybody yet? I live in Bronte,   15min from Malabar. If you want to send me the report glenterrybuilding@gmail.com

Glen

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nighthawk said:

Hi Peter, I may be able to help, if you haven’t found anybody yet? I live in Bronte,   15min from Malabar. If you want to send me the report glenterrybuilding@gmail.com

Glen

 

 

Email being sent!!  Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>(usually due to covid or soft cock employees with the sniffles)

🤣

Keeps planes on the ground, food unprepared and shelves unstocked as well apparently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...