zpromax777

Has anyone ever had fuel quality issues?

I always run BP ultimate 98 and the other day i put in shell 98. Car all of a sudden feels less power while building boost and below 4500 rpm. even on full boost until 4500 rpm it feels sluggish. Data logs show that it  is actually sluggish by looking at the intake airflow. 

Yep. I usually put BP 98 in my 3.0, yet have put Shell 98 in it 3 or 4 times, and it's run like a pig every time. Feels flat like it's too rich, weird jumpy idle, bad throttle response etc.

Never putting Shell in my car again

When we purchased our first Porsche some 7 or 8 years ago now, from a reputable independent workshop / sales business, I asked about fuel, and was recommended to stay with BP & Caltex (now Ampol).  They said that they had experienced a surge in vehicles coming in to the workshop with glazed bores etc and the common thread appeared to be that most of the owners had been using Shell, and the problems started after there had been a change in additives etc in the fuel, presume to get the octane rating????  I had that advice confirmed about 3 - 3 1/2 years ago by them.

Must admit w pretty much exclusively use BP Ultimate, certainly did so with the GT3, and the C2 and wife's 981 all run pretty much faultlessly on it.