Mechanics Creeper Floor Creeper

Does anyone here use a floor creeper to work under their 996 or similar vehicle?  I have been doing some work on my car and do have it up on Jack stands but still find the room under there very limited (and I am not a big guy). I have been thinking of getting a floor creeper but am thinking that there may not be enough room.  I was looking at the Kincrome super low profile creeper but not sure that will even fit.  Interested to hear others experience.

https://www.cltoolcentre.com.au/kincrome-k8112-super-low-profile-karbon-creeper.html

No matter what height I get a car off the ground I always find a creeper is too high and limits my movement. I have had a couple over the years and never ever use them. I find a large cardboard box folded flat is the best creeper. It keeps you off the cold concrete and the dirty floor and you can slide over it really easily. Once it is too dirty you just put it in the recycling and get another one ;)

Agree with Jeff re the creeper.

He used to be a break dancer, so don't fall for the cardboard on the cement for working on the car crap. He used that for busting a groove to Chaka Khan and the Rock Steady crew. 

I've gone upmarket and laid some carpet tiles down.

19 hours ago, WB997.2GTS said:

Quickjacks & a creeper is the way to go if you don’t have space for a hoist

76970CE3-78AA-4701-BB55-583E7963F2B3.jpeg

For me, I really think quick jacks are not worth the money. They do have some higher lift ones now that may be better, but they are heavy and clumsy to use and with a good trolley jack, you can get the car up on jackstands just as high in almost the same time and a whole lot less money. For not much more you can get Maxjax if you don't have room for a full 2 post hoist and you can really get the car in the air.

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

I've gone upmarket and laid some carpet tiles down.

The issue I see with carpet tiles is that you don't slide on them as easily and I can imagine all of the oil and metal shavings (granted I am much messier than the average bloke) getting in them and making them worse than the concrete ;)

1 hour ago, MFX said:

The issue I see with carpet tiles is that you don't slide on them as easily and I can imagine all of the oil and metal shavings (granted I am much messier than the average bloke) getting in them and making them worse than the concrete ;)

Yeah I'm a messy prick too, and yes the stains are a bit of a pain.

An old Dyson vacuum cleaner does the trick mate 👍