I have an announcement....

withers

What she was in the car and on her way to the bank whilst you were still chatting to the husband?

And did you pay in cash or a bank cheque?  

Yep, she sure was. Friday afternoon 15 minutes to closing time, she was back before I left.

I payed by bank cheque.

Well... I've always liked the idea of a MINI!

Joking!!!!!

I could sense a lynching coming on.......... :angry:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats your DD?  And from what I've learnt - having time to buy a Porsche is the best thing ever, you'll find the right car that way

Yes as I understand it. I don't need to provide a RWC as it is not accepted in Qld. I simply fill out all the forms, get him to sign them.  Write him a up a receipt and send him on his merry little way. I hand in paper work at Vic Roads.  Bye bye SLK

Wouldn't hurt to notify QLD Transport as well, to cover your rear end when the new owner decides not to bother with the registration transfer and runs a couple of red lights and speed cameras.  I don't think there is an official form, but you could write to them and keep a copy on file.

The RWC in Queensland is done to different standards to other states (they're all different).  So you should make sure you explicitly state in your receipt that any RWC you have with the car now is not necessarily applicable in QLD, and that buyer will have to arrange their own RWC.

I bought a car in NSW with all the right paperwork, but QLD tests brakes on lining + rotor thickness, not on brake performance tests.  So what was a car with ticks in all the categories immediately needed 4 new rotors + pads in QLD.   

Also they have funny rules on different sized tyres.  I once got a RWC for a car which had different sized tyres front and back - the inspecting shop insisted this was a fail.  I went purple in the face arguing the point, including referencing Porsches and BMWs which come with different sized tyres from the factory, but he was having none of it.  The rule actually applies to different sizes side to side, not front to rear, but once the paperwork is signed, you're stuffed and have to correct it.  

That last paragraph was not related to your case but was just a rant that slipped in.  Sorry.

The point being that you should put in writing that the buyer is responsible for RWC once they get the car back to QLD.  I've found that some people have bad english right up until the point that they think they can nail you over something, and then all of a sudden they speak english very well.  Always cover it off with your receipt.

Whats your DD?  And from what I've learnt - having time to buy a Porsche is the best thing ever, you'll find the right car that way

Nothing spectacular, just a VW MKV GTI manual. Its currently stock with about 61,000 k's. The owner took out an extended warranty on the motor which still runs through to 2014. Might do a couple mods eventually when it lapses.. probably  a stage 1 APR upgrade and see from there.

Look forward to your post on Monday when the cash is banked Amanda :)

Once you find yourself the right Porsche the forum moderators will be able to reduce the hosting capacity and bandwidth of the forum in half!

.........but won't the bragging use it all up again?

Nothing spectacular, just a VW MKV GTI manual. Its currently stock with about 61,000 k's. The owner took out an extended warranty on the motor which still runs through to 2014. Might do a couple mods eventually when it lapses.. probably  a stage 1 APR upgrade and see from there.

That was my last car!  I loved it.. absolutely loved it. Build quality sh!ts (pardon my french) all over the MB thats for sure. I also had the extended warranty. I sold mine the day after it went on Carsales sight unseen to NSW. I think that just tells you how good these cars are.

Well now that you have that as a DD, you should look for something less DD worthy - SC or 3.2 for sure!  How exciting for you :)

That was my last car!  I loved it.. absolutely loved it. Build quality sh!ts (pardon my french) all over the MB thats for sure. I also had the extended warranty. I sold mine the day after it went on Carsales sight unseen to NSW. I think that just tells you how good these cars are.

Well now that you have that as a DD, you should look for something less DD worthy - SC or 3.2 for sure!  How exciting for you :)

Yeah, it motored along more than i expected.. one of the easiest manual's i have ever driven. So definitely to that end, a very easy but fun DD

I am picking it up tomorrow but i keep thinking about buying a porsche.. 

Coastr - Thankyou for your reply.  I will definitely follow your advice.

Got my fingers crossed for you Amanda. Stick to your guns if they try to low ball you on price(am not saying don't negotiate), as they have traveled interstate to see it, you know they are keen.

Cheers Bruce - we have agreed on price. As far as I'm concerned, no further negotiations will occur. They are flying down here, at this point in time I'm the one with the power here. I don't care if they don't buy it.. I know someone else will and they'll have to fly back home or find another one down here to buy!

I've been wondering, how is your 944 going, is the car ok?

wouldn't you go and cash the registration in VIC, before they drive it back? Rather than letting them drive it while it's registered in your name? and then they can sort out a short term registration to get it to QLD?

wouldn't you go and cash the registration in VIC, before they drive it back? Rather than letting them drive it while it's registered in your name? and then they can sort out a short term registration to get it to QLD?

I'd like to do that, cos it has 9 months reg on it.  But from my reading of the VR site, I don't think I can do that...  they can't get a permit for the car if it is Registerd already.. and by the time they pick it up, I won't have had time to unregister it!

They don't make this stuff easy thats for sure

as above, hand in your rego and get them a 14 day permit, then they are forced to get it sorted. We do these permits with mew cars all the time for interstate sales

Good news on my car Amanda as it is just an exhaust leak, although will still need a fair bit of work to fix, I wont have to take out a mortgage to pay for it :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought by Law you either supply a RWC or the seller has to hand in the rego plates to Vic roads.

as above, hand in your rego and get them a 14 day permit, then they are forced to get it sorted. We do these permits with mew cars all the time for interstate sales

Good news on my car Amanda as it is just an exhaust leak, although will still need a fair bit of work to fix, I wont have to take out a mortgage to pay for it :)

Ah... you beat me to it.

not as far as i'm aware with the unregistered vehicle permit (and my quick reading of the VIC roads site when i drove my car back from geelong). you can let them drive it registered in your name as long as you want, it's just loaded with danger. (say if they get done speeding and you can't prove they were driving - it will default the fine to the registered owner)

i would go and cash the rego and they can organise an unregistered vehicle permit. will save all sorts of headaches if they get in trouble on the way home.

you're being far nicer than i would be!

the other issue is, did you sell it registered or unregistered? if it's registered i think you need to provide a RWC on sale.

Bought my car from interstate.

Signed the transfer papers and additional "private" document outlining details of purchase, date and time etc, with signatures from both parties.

Drove it down with NSW rego.

Got a Vic RWC.

Made an appointment with the RTA to hand in the NSW plates.

Put the Vic plates on and was refunded the balance of rego from NSW RTA.

Easy peasy!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought 2 P cars from Qld. Tas rego pits were much stricter than Qld , much. Trade off for tougher initial call is no annual inspections. Makes you wonder about Qld standards though. Even Uncle could get his mongrel approved I suspect.

Bought my car from interstate.

Signed the transfer papers and additional "private" document outlining details of purchase, date and time etc, with signatures from both parties.

Drove it down with NSW rego.

Got a Vic RWC.

Made an appointment with the RTA to hand in the NSW plates.

Put the Vic plates on and was refunded the balance of rego from NSW RTA.

Easy peasy!!!!!!!!!!!

This is also my understanding of what I need to do but obviously the sale is in reverse.

I hand in the paperwork to Vic Roads, they remove me as the owner.. adding in new guy as the owner.  If he doesn't get QLD reg, then on his shoulders

Bought 2 P cars from Qld. Tas rego pits were much stricter than Qld , much. Trade off for tougher initial call is no annual inspections. Makes you wonder about Qld standards though. Even Uncle could get his mongrel approved I suspect.

No annual inspections in QLD.   QLD has weird rules mainly.   There are no 'pits' in QLD transport, but they freak out if they can't find the engine number under some hoses.  Last time I did a new reg in QLD the lady couldn't see in the back window due to tinting and window shades, and asked me if there were seatbelts in there.  I said 'yes'.  She could have opened the door but didn't.  But she did spend 5 minutes making sure all the numbers lined up.

Archived