I have an announcement....

withers

like buying a house, people can get carried away based on emotion and end up spending more than they should have.. I think sticking to your budget is a good idea.. at the end of the day, you have to pay it off and keep up with the maintenance cost. Its very easy for people to suggest stretching the budget to get what you REALLY want, but they dont have to pay it off.. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aimr75, "settling for" something other than what you really want is where it gets expensive.

If you buy second best, make do, this'll be fine, either there is no joy in ownership or you end up selling - which costs time and often money, too - and then buying what you really wanted in the first place.

None of this is to say that Amanda (or anybody else) should throw financial sense to the wind. And for all of us, what we really want (and can afford) is a different thing anyway...so don't interpret this as snobbery, because the flip side of all of this is to buy what you want.

I certainly wouldn't want to "settle" for something per se, but everyones financial situation is different and sometimes at a given point we simply can't get what we want.

However, holding off for a given period until you can wouldn't be such a bad idea, though Amanda looks like she is wanting to pull the trigger asap.

I certainly wouldn't want to "settle" for something per se, but everyones financial situation is different and sometimes at a given point we simply can't get what we want.

However, holding off for a given period until you can wouldn't be such a bad idea, though Amanda looks like she is wanting to pull the trigger asap.

Nah haven't found anything I really wanna shoot!! :)

I looked for a couple of months before I settled on my 987. I had a list of must haves including max price, max km, max age etc and didn't go outside it, eventually found exactly what I was looking for. Lucky me! Now if only the car transporter would hurry up and get here.... 

I looked for a couple of months before I settled on my 987. I had a list of must haves including max price, max km, max age etc and didn't go outside it, eventually found exactly what I was looking for. Lucky me! Now if only the car transporter would hurry up and get here.... 

Good for you and congratulations on the 987 :)

on the other hand i guess having a closed mind (rather than a list of preferences) mean you may be looking forever?

Possibly.  When buying a used car there has to be some flexibility, whether it's options, ks on the clock, duco color etc etc etc  and obviously that depends on the car you are looking at, for some that are rarer on the market you need to be more lenient in what you'll accept

I say no to black cars tho!

with my car I was after a sunroof delete model. I had no idea at the time just how rare they are but had read about sunroofs leaking, and causing grief etc so wanted one without one

Anyway the ad for mine said it had a sunroof, but I went and checked it out anyway, and when I got there I saw it was the sunroof delete model :) Keeping an open mind paid off for me

I say no to black cars tho!

Whats wrong with Black!! :(

C

Well for you - NOTHING! The ultimate color for someone that takes pride in cleaning a car.

Black would stress me. I don't have the patience to clean it. I like a wow I washed my car 3 weeks ago and you can't tell its dusty type of color :P

Promised myself I would not buy a black Porsche.

My last 4 DD have been black and the last think I wanted was to be anal about the 993.

Didn't want white either, but it is just sooooooooooo easy to maintain.

My last 4 DD have been black and the last think I wanted was to be anal about the 993.

White 993's look pretty good to me

If I was ready to go, I'd be all over the white 993 at Autoh Hamilton at the moment :)

There's also a manual Cab 993 in NSW in Silver for $59k

Looks like someone put a deposit on the autohaus 993

There is a nice white manual 993 in Vic at the moment on carsales.. the price is a bit much for the budget unfortunately

Your white not only looks good, it looks dam good Theo.

Archived