LeeM

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers mate. Fingers crossed it isnt too bad,though It has some that I know of, but as we know, it can turn to crap pretty quick the deeper you dig.

I've already sourced a new front pan half,as mine has had a repair, if you could call it that (dodgy street sign and chewing gum comes to mind), so I'm sure the guru that will be doing the work will find that there is other areas that need attention.

We'll see soon enough, as I should have it home this week.........probably

Will post some better pics when it's in the garage

Cheers mate. Fingers crossed it isnt too bad,though It has some that I know of, but as we know, it can turn to crap pretty quick the deeper you dig.

I've already sourced a new front pan half,as mine has had a repair, if you could call it that (dodgy street sign and chewing gum comes to mind), so I'm sure the guru that will be doing the work will find that there is other areas that need attention.

We'll see soon enough, as I should have it home this week.........probably

Will post some better pics when it's in the garage

Ah yes.... dodgy street sign.  That reminds me of the guy that bought my Pink XY.  He bought it without RWC and discovered  it had some rust in the passenger front floor pan (which we genuinely didn't know it had). He came by one weekend in the car and showed it to my Dad.  He used a metal Go Gas sign and either welded or bolted it in.. just like it was, didn't paint it or do anything to hide what metal was used.

My Dad said he was sorry he couldn't help but then said 'erm perhaps you try dressing that floor up a bit so it doesn't look like an advertisement'    and this is how good cars get ruined!

Good luck with the build Lee.. look forward to your stories, oh and some pics too :D

Yeah, I sold my 1960 Karmann Ghia to a guy in Melbourne coupla years ago, which I 'thought' had bugger all rust in it.

Anyway, the guy I sold it to then onsold it to some other bloke that completely stripped it for a full resto.

He got my number from the guy I sold it too and kinda had a go at me coz the sills etc were swiss cheese and he was annoyed at me, as he had to spend $25k on bodywork,paint etc etc.

Errrrr, my problem? No, buyer beware!

I know this 912 has visible rust, gawd, it was born in 1966 so it's expected, yet it's what I can't see cannot be blamed on any seller if they genuinely don't know themselves. It's the chance you take buying these old cars, yet anything can be fixed, it just takes time...and money ofcourse

Ta mate

Been waiting over 30 years for this day to happen since I was a 10 or 12 year old and saw my first Porsche

I remember my dad saying at the time 'It's just a glorified Volkswagen'! He's pretty happy I finally got one which means a lot to me

After looking at it a bit in the past few hours, it's better than I thought too

Good for you Lee congratulations 'LIVING THE DREAM" Looks the goods mate, good luck with it. Don't forget to take your dad for a drive in it...."Glorified Volkswagen" indeed....hee hee...

Cheers for that

Well I've pulled and prodded things, taken stuff off, put them back on,polished this n that, used more WD40 than a WD40 shop, had the hood boof me in the head with some fruity language (again!), sat in it, had my dog in it (it's a small dog). my missus likes it (though usually hates white cars), had a painter/panel beater mate drop in to give me some good news on the body, charged the battery and it turned over ok, compression is awesome, sat in it a bit more, marvelled at the ingenious door open button on the armrest (god I love that) and generally just looked at it.

Whats the plan? I'm glad you asked

In a nutshell, do what is required to get it regoed first, then I want to put some different wheels on (detailed or polished Fuchs or some space savers) and lower it a bit......well.....more than a bit really. Not a fan of the 4wd look at the moment

What I'd really like to do is make a race car replica out of it, but I doubt the rego conditions for LHD cars would allow that.

All in all, I couldnt be happier,though a 911 woulda been nice, but it's a Porsche and it's mine

More pics tomorrow hopefully

Yep, I'm pretty damn happy Steve, cheers for your advice etc

Now I'm just trying to sort out my pathetic excuse for a shed. Time to knock out a wall I reckon, or buy the house around the corner with  3 side by side 9 x 3mtr garages,mezzanine floor and self contained man cave for rehearsing songs.

I'd never leave!

Just had a guy drop in for the second time to buy some Oval beetle parts I have.

We spoke on the phone earlier regarding my 912, and he said he'd bring something over for me.

Turns out to be an original sales brochure with the pics practically identical to mine and another one for the 911 SC and Turbo. Very cool!

post-1118-0-57572900-1363256285_thumb.jp

post-1118-0-92037700-1363256306_thumb.jp

Just had a guy drop in for the second time to buy some Oval beetle parts I have.

We spoke on the phone earlier regarding my 912, and he said he'd bring something over for me.

Turns out to be an original sales brochure with the pics practically identical to mine and another one for the 911 SC and Turbo. Very cool!

What a generous offer!  Those brochures are awesome :)

Hahahaha, it's amazing what alcohol and coffee can do to people  :D

Youre a good bloke yaself

Thanks LOADS for dropping in fella, and your advice and knowledge is appreciated.

ya always welcome here (theres usually always a scotch here too!)

Archived