LeeM

Would love to go to Tassie one day

Well the sale is now finalised, and I no longer own the 912. A bitter sweet moment, yet good things are on the horizon very soon.

The new owner is a great bloke who has owned a 911T in the past, and wanted another older Porsche to have some fun in on the odd weekend, and the 912 fitted the bill. I will be helping the new owner with obtaining some new bits that I had not fitted (personal taste) and fitting them to the 912 soon.

Onward and upward as they say

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah.  Seen the weather, no thank you.  Other non-city parts of oz are just as nice without being assaulted by ice!

15 degrees at 8am this morning, what is icy about that :)

While we were recently on holiday in Noosa, there were days back home that had very similar weather, not going to happen all the time, changeable and keeps your on your toes :) also helps if you do not feel the cold :D

Well the sale is now finalised, and I no longer own the 912. A bitter sweet moment, yet good things are on the horizon very soon.

The new owner is a great bloke who has owned a 911T in the past, and wanted another older Porsche to have some fun in on the odd weekend, and the 912 fitted the bill. I will be helping the new owner with obtaining some new bits that I had not fitted (personal taste) and fitting them to the 912 soon.

Thanks for sharing the journey with us Lee!

When does the silver arrow arrive?

Good and bad Lee, congrats, sort of :)

How is the HK911 coming? Bring it down to Tassie and say hi!

Thanks for sharing the journey with us Lee!

When does the silver arrow arrive?

Cheers guys. It has been a journey thats for sure. I've learnt a lot about the Porsche brand, which has only strengthened my passion for them, plus the how to's with working on cars, who to talk to, and who not to talk to again. I've made some friends along the way too, yet ultimately I'm proud of what we achieved within a budget (sort of). 

Do it again? Bugger off!! :-) 

The silver one is being loaded up in WA tomorrow, and they say delivery within 14 days, yet hope its sooner. Its rego'd and ready to go, so I hope to be in the hills within that time

Must say a big thanks to Mark (jnr356) for his knowledge and bits over the years. Mick (bodywork and paint) Petro (floor pan and other little jobs with a welder) Zander (XXsomethingsomething here) for his advice and some bits. The missus for not really caring what I do or what I spent on the car, and my incessant whinging at it not being finished. Chris (9er) for his advice, some bits, and helping out with the headlights (they wouldve been in the bin by now if I tried to sort them out!), and you lot here on the forum for encouragement and positive comments, both here and in private. Its appreciated. 

The new one will be a rolling resto/clean up/modify thing, as there is no way it will be off the road for any length of time without a catastrophic failure of some sort. As a well known identity once said (or 8000 times) Its time to get out n drive. Pedal to the metal etc etc

15 degrees at 8am this morning, what is icy about that :)

While we were recently on holiday in Noosa, there were days back home that had very similar weather, not going to happen all the time, changeable and keeps your on your toes :) also helps if you do not feel the cold :D

*or* you can just live on the Sunshine Coast and not have to worry about taking holidays :)

Oh, making up for the thread jack, two thumbs up on the 912

Archived