who to do PPI in perth?

I had my PPI done by Andy at RennSport Motors, phone 9336 3911, reasonably priced ($302.50) and a quite detailed report came in the post. He did email pics of the car on the hoist etc also. Andy's workshop is in North Fremantle.

Hey wouldn't it be good to make one giant thread with all the PPI places that everyone on PFA knows of across the country?

Just an idea...

I agree Amanda. I was searching for someone in the ACT the other day but couldn't find any recommendations on PFA. It didn't matter in the end but would be helpful.

• 7 months later...

KTEC did PPI on mine - they were pretty good but promised photos never arrived despite chasing several times and report was vey limited in detail, just a bunch of tick boxes and a couple of hand written notes.

Given I was in Melbourne and had "bought" it from photos on gumtree I was really looking for detailed photos in, out and under before flying over to buy? Minor gripes I guess, key thing is I felt confident talking to them that they had checked it out properly and so mission accomplished and happy to recommend.

Given I was in Melbourne and had "bought" it from photos on gumtree I was really looking for detailed photos in, out and under before flying over to buy it.

• 3 months later...

I cannot recommend Richard at RJP highly enough.

His expertise is air cooled cars.

He looks after all my cars, air and water cooled.

As always with a PPI it is important to be there if at all possible.

If you want a water cooled expert then I would recommend Andy at Rennsport who worked in the authorised dealer network far later than Richard.

If you want water cooled 996 and 997 Cup cars, then Brendan at K-Tec would be the main proponent of these.

Hope this helps.

I really like this car, I have looked at it on and off for a while. Has some good kit on it. Not one for the purist as a bit of a Frankenstein but I am really warming up to the idea of an outlaw style car. My only issues from the ad were a large rust buble in the drivers door ( photos seem to be various ages) and any issues with transport / rego over in the eastern states.

There are several 76/77 cars for sale all within a grand of each other at the moment so just depends what your mate wants, this looks like it has seen plenty of barbagello action.

Let us know how you get on with PPI.

it's begging for IROC bumpers!

i never ended up doing the ppi as i already have a similar (better if i'm being honest? 3.6!) car that is 100% sorted and a full history known to me, inside and out. so while the price IS attractive for the gear it has, i can't justify spending near on 30k on a car that does the same job as my current one.

of my friends who were interested, one i talked out of 911's (he's not ready :P ) and ferds ended up spending a bit more and getting a 3.6 powered one also.