Number Plate Idea's

Ben C3.o

What restrictions are on historic plates ?

Historic vehicles manufactured 30 or more years ago are eligible for conditional registration if the operator belongs to an Roads and Maritime Services -recognised historic vehicle club, and the vehicle has not been altered except for certain safety features or period accessories.  The vehicle's use of the road network is restricted to club events.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Historic plates are you get what you're given, well were 4-5years ago. I had an MGB on historic plates for many years without any issues. When not out with another cars (more often than not) it's always called a tuning run. ;)

My plan was full rego for the first year as she will get used often then drop her onto historic plates when/if she becomes a true "only on the weekend car".

• 2 weeks later...

Well if I have any hope of getting new plates by Rennsport I need to order them on Monday. Trouble is I am finding it hard to pick between the first 3. $100 or $440 a year might swing me.

3P1A13043_zpsed903e84.jpg

3P1A13044_zpsd7e4d6f3.jpg

3P1A13041_zps830c72a8.jpg

3P1A1304_zps140e98c8.jpg

3P1A13045_zps25f850aa.jpg

3P1A13042_zpse5ca5dce.jpg

FLAT6 looks good (how much royalty is T asking?)

btw. The first one looks like Car Bra.

Harvs.....all I'm going to say is, should Aquaholic go the FLAT6 path, he will be in a very exclussive group.

I just couldn't justify to myself the $715 for the first year and $440 per year there after for the FLAT6 plates. I entered all the information several times but just couldn't convince myself to hit the process payment button. I am sure I will kick myself in an hour or so.

I went with the $374 for the first year and $99 per year there after option for the 76.PCH

Post a pick of the plates when they are on the car, i reckon the bright lights plates will look awesome on your 911.

I'm currently in the same process as you, deciding what to get on my 84' 911

i cant believe you guys have to pay a yearly fee for personalised plates of $440, and thats ontop of rego!

daylight robbery

I agree, it's ^crap. There is on additional administration costs involved once the plates have been issued so should be an upfront fee then just normal registration from then on.

Post a pick of the plates when they are on the car, i reckon the bright lights plates will look awesome on your 911.

I'm currently in the same process as you, deciding what to get on my 84' 911

Hopefully not to different to this although all the brighlights plates I have seen in the flesh have been very dark. Not that I recall seeing them in yellow.

3P1A1304_zps140e98c8.jpg

Flat6 is still available.

Archived