Porsche model thread

For info...if you move a photo around from one part of your photobucket library to another part.....after you have posted it, then you lose it wherever you posted it on, outside of photobucket

the picture is gone :(

I think i'm gonna have to make a model of my car (as I've never been able to find something close)

Hey Harvs what happened to the pic?

For info...if you move a photo around from one part of your photobucket library to another part.....after you have posted it, then you lose it wherever you posted it on, outside of photobucket

OOPS.  Sorry about that.  Niko called it correctly. I moved the photo into a library on Photobucket. the link is fixed now.

For a while now I have been trying to find models of cars that I've owned or had something to do with, either professionally or just tinkering in my garage or someone else's.  It's given me a focus for choosing a particlular model instead of grabbing each and every one that takes my fancy.  Finding a 911 SC has proven particularly tough.  The closest I found was the 1/24 Carrera model which is the basis for the model I just finished.  I also found  1/43 and 1/64 scale scale versions of the Carrera in silver. (the description on the box says 911 SC but the model has a Carrera badge on it :wacko:

crappy iphone pic of the trio

911trio.jpg

Nice one Harvs.

I quite like the idea of having models of my own cars.

Is Fujimi the way to go?

Thanks Doug.

Fujimi and Tamiya make decent kits for reasonable price. . Others are out there depending on your budget.

I found this for you.

http://www.hlj.com/product/EBR44794/Aut

It lists as out of stock, but at least you know it's details so you can search other online model stores.

I have bought numerous models from HLJ and they have always come through on time and well packaged. It is worth bundling multiple items to make the postage economical.

Nice find Harvs (the HLJ model). And it is out of stock...must be a high demand car/colour combination ;)

I am very impressed with the car you put together.

I quite fancy the idea of doing this myself. Well you have given me a few leads to chase.

Cheers, D

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i succumbed to a 1/18 Kyosho 2005 Boxster S from a guy in Korea on Ebay. Superb model, nearly identical to our car in every detail, including the Carerra wheels, but wrong colour. Just debating whether I'm gane enough to pull apart $200+ of model to repaint.....

Couldn't find a plastic kit to play with though. Anyone know of one?

cheers

Peter

• 2 months later...