Porsche model thread

• 3 weeks later...

hey LeeM,

not a Bandai,the red 356 is a Distler.

The pic of the cabinet is from last year,all the top F1's are sold except the sharknose and a couple of lotus.

Below the lower shelf is another level with all my matchbox etc from when i was little,can't really see them.

First 2 shelves are now filled with Porsche models,i'll post an updated pic later.

I have a couple more cabinets and a lot more stashed in cupboards. *sigh*

hey jnr356,

track looks fantastic,are you using scalextric? Will be so much fun detailing it! would love to see bigger pictures,they are a bit small.

...might have to come over and shit all over your porsches with my opel once it's finished. B)

Do you know Ged from http://www.melbournemodelraceway.com.au/ ? Very nice guy and he has a track in his warehouse to race on if you need a quick fix.Big stock of cars and parts and everything...

mail_MG_3218.jpg

mail_MG_3221.jpg

mail_MG_3222.jpg

mail_MG_3223.jpg

mail_MG_3219.jpg

mail_MG_3220.jpg

mail_MG_3224.jpg

yeah scalextric .the track is known as the MELBURGRING...(there's a thread on luft)

really looking forward to doing the scenery.

you may catch the porsches,but you won't even be within a second of my toranas..nothings even close to the toranas ,they will do 8 1/2 all day long with a lap record of 7.1

the rest  9 's- 10's

recently joined a club with circuits all over melbourne

haven't used ged yet,know of him

need to back off from buying cars(bought 45 in 8 months) a bit so i can get on with the scenery and some other goodies

IMG_8347.jpg

brocky carving up the melburgring

I thought so...i was into slotccars pretty heavy a few years ago

I remember a guy who did a targa florio inspired track at his place...you could split it in 2 parts,i'm sure you've come across it.

Lot of time and work...i ended up with a scalextric in my garage and no scenery at all but it was still fun.

Always wanted to build a wooden track but didn't happen...one day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Forgot I'd ordered this but got the pick up card from the post office today ; Canadian model ~1:18. There is a slight transmission problem,  thus I'll be diving in for a look this evening.

RS_928.jpg

Edit: 10 second fix with some Araldite

RS-928_trans.jpg

Edited by tazzieman