Porsche model thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 14/11/2016 at 08:10, Pork Chops said:

Bought this last night after a bit of a tussle as you can't shop at Tamiya USA unless you have a US credit card or a US based Paypal account!  Lucky I've got a mate over there who could help me out.  For me this is a blast from the past as I used to have a heap of Tamiya RC cars, and I've build the static 934 (see previous post in this thread) so this was a must as I enter the nostalgia driven part of my life.

It's the 40th Anniversary of the original release of this car as Tamiya's first RC car so is limited in availability and kind of special.

It's 4WD so hoping I can leave the propshaft out so I can make it do skidz.  And like all cars it can be modified and hotted up so I'll be checking out the race motor for sure!

Should be here as my Xmas present for 2016.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=84431

Jagged one of these on scumtree today for $200 unbuilt.  Very happy chappy.  Showing as at least double that on ebay. ..

• 11 months later...
On 30/10/2019 at 15:02, jnr356 said:

picked up this little beauty from woolies for my grandson

IMG_1946.JPG

Just bought two, one for me and one for the kid down the road.  You know who you are 🤣

and just found at Aldi for $4.99 each.  Pull back toys but look ok.

4D2FE230-00C7-4538-B3CC-8F62807B4424

627F401B-97A2-460F-AEF7-5BBD29042EB9

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, Tintin Audio said:

Been over 20 year since I built one... but ISO cabin fever set in.

Tamiya 1/24 934 Jagermeister Turbo

IMG_7308.jpg

Nearly finished the Tamiya 1/10 R/C version, have the 1/12 version to do when a new body shell arrives (brand new kit with a stuffed body shell 😞 ), 1/24 996 GT3 to do (Speed Yellow of course) and a 917K to do at some stage......

On 10/11/2018 at 22:23, TwoHeadsTas said:

Jagged one of these on scumtree today for $200 unbuilt.  Very happy chappy.  Showing as at least double that on ebay. ..

Gee I hope the wheels are in the box.  Like buying a jigsaw and a piece or two is missing. 😁

I used to build Tamiya plastic kits when I was a kid.  I think they were 1:12 scale as they used to be approx 33-34 cm in length.  Can you still buy these? 

Had a Lotus F1 with Graeme Hill sitting in it, a Matra V12 F1 and a Porsche 917 (my most treasured).  I was always in at Hearns Hobbies in Flinders Street (my favourite shop when I was a kid).  2nd favourite was MSD.  I wish I still had the cars but for some reason my dad gave away all my car and plane models when I left home and he cleaned out my room.  Was not happy at the time.

57 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Gee I hope the wheels are in the box.  Like buying a jigsaw and a piece or two is missing. 😁

I used to build Tamiya plastic kits when I was a kid.  I think they were 1:12 scale as they used to be approx 33-34 cm in length.  Can you still buy these? 

Had a Lotus F1 with Graeme Hill sitting in it, a Matra V12 F1 and a Porsche 917 (my most treasured).  I was always in at Hearns Hobbies in Flinders Street (my favourite shop when I was a kid).  2nd favourite was MSD.  I wish I still had the cars but for some reason my dad gave away all my car and plane models when I left home and he cleaned out my room.  Was not happy at the time.

A visit to Hearns is always a necessity when I visit Melbourne 🙂 

I did end up finding one sprue was missing out of the 1/10 934 R/C kit - front uprights.  I don't think the PO pinched them, I reckon it might have been one of those rare Japanese packing mistakes.  Anyway, managed to track down the part from a place in Sydney, freight was a killer, but I also got some other vintage parts from another Tamiya 1/10 RC kit which I had managed to lose while having a play with it outside.

Still reckon Tamiya kits are the best, do enjoy building them after all these years.  Like you Phil, I used to enjoy building them as a kid, and even into adulthood (still a big kid 🙂  )

Doing some work in a housing trust home the other day, and the bloke has some seriously expensive model cars (on the dole?) Anyway, he has this 935 I was keen on buying and wanted $200 for it, though with a self imposed ban on buying models I offered a swap for a big 1/8 scale 916 Ducati, as he's into bikes. Hoping to pick it up this week if I get time

20200429-082322.jpg

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Doing some work in a housing trust home the other day, and the bloke has some seriously expensive model cars (on the dole?) Anyway, he has this 935 I was keen on buying and wanted $200 for it, though with a self imposed ban on buying models I offered a swap for a big 1/8 scale 916 Ducati, as he's into bikes. Hoping to pick it up this week if I get time

20200429-082322.jpg

If you get it you want to hope the owner doesn't find out:ph34r:

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

20200429-082322.jpg

Thats a steal at $200 for an exoto 935.