Porsche model thread

”What are the chances of finding the colour and modematch.“

Metallics are the hardest to get right on small scale models. Usually too coarse or too thick and just don’t look right. 

My best result was Tamiya TS-30 Silver Leaf then topcoat with clear on 1:24 scale. 
This gives a nice fine realistic finish. 

FA450304-8F78-4E0D-AB77-ECCF3DCC2AD6.thumb.png.530f905ea761cdef65728c98832fd9c1.png

C025EFCA-439C-4365-9A5A-74C75B2C8315.thumb.png.5ea0a81f8e4c9e3e8c4f3c54e80d5993.png

C2C96C84-9B68-4A39-A47F-A42074845159.png

OK, thought I'd better check my recently acquired Burago GT3 against the real thing.  I'd thought the colour was pretty right when I got it, but when you directly compare, bit of difference.  But, who cares, I'm not going to do the comparison often 🙂

I started to do the colour change of a 987 Boxster to our old car (when we had it), still at the dismantled stage 😞 

20200507_093904_resized.jpg

20200507_093916_resized.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Another pressie to myself arrived today.  Was lucky enough to snag a speed yellow 996.1 GT3 Clubsport via Ebay, identical to my previous LHD car.  Pretty good model, very accurate except the engine is standard 996, and no red brake calipers (picky aren't I).  Also purchased a 996.2 C2.  No Seal Grey available, so thought Lapis Blue was next best (there was a speed yellow but I'd already got the GT3 in that colour).  Expensive, but non current models, so suspect could be a reasonable investment over time.  Thanks to Xero for the funding 🙂 

20200527_131934_resized.jpg

On 07/05/2020 at 20:02, YellowDieselGolf said:

This one arrived today - Timothy & Pierre 1:64 - on a leather base.

64-t&P-singer.jpg

This is a Vision 1:43 GT2

43-visiongt2.jpg

And finally - I bought this one in April 2019 to reward myself for getting a new job.  A year on and I haven't made it too far.  1:8 Pocher.

pocher993-scale.jpg

I'm still a bit pissy that your stole this car from QLD.!

Hardly bragging mate, it's just a little cheap collection. Most of that lot are matchbox, the 2 Earl Bamber cars are new.

I used to buy 1/18 cars all the time but have scaled back my collection, still have a couple of Aussie muscle cars, one extremely sought after Greens Tuff Falcon.

A bit of Moffat as well.

gJDD8uc.jpg

iGUUNOe.jpg

8uXhSTp.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finished off the decals on this last night - 2nd body as I f$#cked the paint job on the first - that might be the "play" body, and I'll keep this one for display..

Not decided whether to keep or on sell, anybody interested in a completed unit? R/C, brushless motor etc and Lipo?  PM me and we can discuss a price...

20200621_104424_resized(2).jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So, did anyone pick up anything at the Doningtons auction finishing earlier today? 

I bid on a couple of the 1/12 scale (934 and 935) but the condition of the packaging was pretty crap, and I dont; know how the decals would have held up even thought he packages looked to be sealed.  The 934 went for fair money, but the 935 was crazy ($275 plus buyers premium), over the cost of the rere kit which can be had at Metro Hobbies for $250, even though currently out of stock.  I was semi interested in that one, but not at that price.  I was also considering the 934 kit, but I do have one of these already to build, so didn't pursue it apart from a half hearted bid early on.  I did consider the Otaki 1/12 911 Turbo, as I built one of these probably 35 years ago, but let that go too.  I figured that postage and packing would be a mint to Tassie on these...

I also picked up locally the 1/24 956 & 962, and Sauber kits yesterday, with the boxes in perfect condition.  I really only wanted the 956 in Rothmans colours, but bought the lot.  Whilst I won't post them as for sale yet, if anyone is vaguely interested, PM me and we'll talk.....

• 1 month later...
On 28/03/2021 at 16:41, TwoHeadsTas said:

So, did anyone pick up anything at the Doningtons auction finishing earlier today? 

I bid on a couple of the 1/12 scale (934 and 935) but the condition of the packaging was pretty crap, and I dont; know how the decals would have held up even thought he packages looked to be sealed.  The 934 went for fair money, but the 935 was crazy ($275 plus buyers premium), over the cost of the rere kit which can be had at Metro Hobbies for $250, even though currently out of stock.  I was semi interested in that one, but not at that price.  I was also considering the 934 kit, but I do have one of these already to build, so didn't pursue it apart from a half hearted bid early on.  I did consider the Otaki 1/12 911 Turbo, as I built one of these probably 35 years ago, but let that go too.  I figured that postage and packing would be a mint to Tassie on these...

I also picked up locally the 1/24 956 & 962, and Sauber kits yesterday, with the boxes in perfect condition.  I really only wanted the 956 in Rothmans colours, but bought the lot.  Whilst I won't post them as for sale yet, if anyone is vaguely interested, PM me and we'll talk.....

No but I do keep an eye on the Donington Auctions..... they have some great stuff.

These days my collection is large enough that I have everything I “Really need”. So I’m more of a bargain hunter in these auctions, and am fairly ruthless and calculated about it.

I picked up a 43rd scale Audi R8 Crocodile livery - winner of the race of a 1000 years in Adelaide on New Year’s Eve 1999/ 2000 - for $40

• 5 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Cheap ($21 total) little pick up today whilst following the missus. 959 from Kmart and GT3RS from BigW

20210625-164852.jpg

Might have to pay a visit to KMart when I get my negative Covid test result (hopefully!!!!).  Had the misfortune to be in T4 on Sunday night at Tullamarine when a positive passenger from Sydney must have walked through.  5 minutes later we would have been clear 😞 

29 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Might have to pay a visit to KMart when I get my negative Covid test result (hopefully!!!!).  Had the misfortune to be in T4 on Sunday night at Tullamarine when a positive passenger from Sydney must have walked through.  5 minutes later we would have been clear 😞 

Bummer Pete. Probably a storm in a tea cup mate 🙄

I've never seen a 1:24 Porsche model in any Kmart or BigW, or the Rothmans 959 so I grabbed them.