Any Porsche watch guys/gals

Nice watch. Monte carlo  is probably the only Tag I would buy.  Just finding the right one is hard as the low number or old pre tags are just sooooo expensive in comparison to other watches on my bucket list.🙄

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, MARTY said:

Just picked up this yesterday hard to believe it's 50 years old.

20190630_130534.jpg

Nice!  Got one for my 21st about when yours was new.  Wore it everywhere, knocked it about and sold it about 20 years ago to buy a... Citizen ProMaster!😞

Thought I'd done OK, now I know a lot better...

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Nowhere near the level of what you guys are buying and selling, yet man these old automatic Seiko divers sell like hot cakes!

I had one from the 80's that had a well faded Pepsi bezel, yet I had 22 messages on Marketplace within 12 hours, with everyone trying to cut each others lunch offering more and more, yet being a man of my word I sold it to the first guy for $100. 🙄

Mental note: advertise high and see how ya go! 

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Nowhere near the level of what you guys are buying and selling, yet man these old automatic Seiko divers sell like hot cakes!

I had one from the 80's that had a well faded Pepsi bezel, yet I had 22 messages on Marketplace within 12 hours, with everyone trying to cut each others lunch offering more and more, yet being a man of my word I sold it to the first guy for $100. 🙄

Mental note: advertise high and see how ya go! 

The trick is to do a little research and then price accordingly so you get a better deal but also sell it quickly. I have no idea on what your watch was worth, the buyer might have 'stolen' it or just got a good deal.  Neither here nor there now, it's done and you have $100 in your pocket 😊

True @jakroo

I rarely sell stuff for what its really worth, as I just want it gone and a few dollars in my pocket as you say. Hanging out for the last $30 or whatever is pointless to me.

It was probably a $200 watch going by the offers I'd received, yet the buyer was over the moon when I delivered it today.

I was also selling a Seiko Velatura Yachting which is a very niece watch I dropped off this morning to fit a new battery and bracelet pin, but the old battery has leaked and buggered the thing up, so there goes $250 🙄

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

I was also selling a Seiko Velatura Yachting which is a very niece watch I dropped off this morning to fit a new battery and bracelet pin, but the old battery has leaked and buggered the thing up, so there goes $250 🙄

Look at this way, you saved money by not having to purchase a new battery and pin 🙂

On 29/06/2023 at 17:55, LeeM said:

True @jakroo

I rarely sell stuff for what its really worth, as I just want it gone and a few dollars in my pocket as you say. Hanging out for the last $30 or whatever is pointless to me.

It was probably a $200 watch going by the offers I'd received, yet the buyer was over the moon when I delivered it today.

Mate, did you know there's a guy in Adelaide who is the Seiko guru - he's up in O'Hallorans Hill?  He did a refurb on my 40 yo Chronograph Automatic.  I got it for my 18th or 21st birthday, and was surprised when Jedly told me what it was worth now.  Made it worth doing the refurb.

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Mate, did you know there's a guy in Adelaide who is the Seiko guru - he's up in O'Hallorans Hill?  

Probably the same bloke from Ohalloran Hill who was about the 6th message I got, as he was pretty keen to pay over my asking price to get it, so he probably "Knew what I had!" 😁

Oh well, I'm happy for the buyer who got it cheaper than its value 👍

Sold the rest of my watches I had today to one bloke who was an hour away from me. Seemed a bit dodgy meeting up in a Maccas car park though, so I was armed just incase 😅