New to the forum? Start here...

Hi All, joined-up after selling my car through the Summon guys (advertisers here I noticed, and a good experience btw). They recommended the forum.

Nineteen near consecutive years of Porsche ownership starting with a 2.7 Boxter in 2001 (I still miss that car!). Currently rocking a 992 C2S, via various other models including a couple of GT cars and some more sensible models (Macan, the car they sold for me most recently)

PS - Moving house so have an excessive collection of Porsche roof bars (997, 991 (also fits 992 which I didn't realise before I bought the new ones!), and Macan with roof bars). Will post

Hi everyone, a long time lurker here, growing up with aircooleds. I have always wanted a Targa in the quintessential guards red. I have just bought a 3.2 Targa from Qld and am awaiting for her to be delivered down by CEVA to Hobart. Thanks to many members on the forum for helping me out and especially @Oldskl60 for all the help in the last few weeks and the photos too!

In David's garage.

This was in David's garage.

259043130_WhatsAppImage2020-06-17at22_19_23.thumb.jpeg.91492c62d99394743f5c0b3ca02678c4.jpeg

Thanks to Tom for the beautiful photo!

1 hour ago, drmurugti said:

Hi everyone, a long time lurker here, growing up with aircooleds. I have always wanted a Targa in the quintessential guards red. I have just bought a 3.2 Targa from Qld and am awaiting for her to be delivered down by CEVA to Hobart. Thanks to many members on the forum for helping me out and especially @Oldskl60 for all the help in the last few weeks and the photos too!

In David's garage.

This was in David's garage.

259043130_WhatsAppImage2020-06-17at22_19_23.thumb.jpeg.91492c62d99394743f5c0b3ca02678c4.jpeg

Thanks to Tom for the beautiful photo!

Welcome to another Tassie forum member!!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

What a wealth of information. Just joined a month or so ago and thought it was about time I introduced myself. 

First time Porsche owner - 1977 911S Targa in Peru Red. Purchased in Oz, freshly landed from the US (Spokane, WA - clear title). Was considering converting to RHD but decided I'll leave it as it is.

It's in pretty good shape, a few bit of minor surface rust (around battery, roll bar pitting but that's about it - the full galvanisation has worked for the most part) but the Targa top itself needs to be rebuilt (I'm off to see Prostitch and Michael at East Coast Trim thanks to recommendations from this forum).

I'm currently stripping it back to clean up and fix parts, a full respray and refresh of the interior trim (original tan was sprayed black with some bits recovered in black vinyl)

I'd be very grateful of suggestions (Sydney) for paint&panel, suspension/brakes, auto electrician. I'm trying to do as much of the work myself as possible to keep the budget down (I've never watched so much youtube!) but have no experience with these need professionals in such critical areas.

Oh, and one big one please - does anyone know of a shop that has done a Targa rear glass installation? It is famously difficult and according to James at Autohaus Hamilton parts, they're no longer available if it gets broken !

Thanks for having me

JC

IMG_5051.JPG

IMG_5029.JPG

IMG_5035.JPG

IMG_5041.JPG

IMG_5054.JPG

11 hours ago, jaycee1977 said:

Hi everyone,

What a wealth of information. Just joined a month or so ago and thought it was about time I introduced myself. 

First time Porsche owner - 1977 911S Targa in Peru Red. Purchased in Oz, freshly landed from the US (Spokane, WA - clear title). Was considering converting to RHD but decided I'll leave it as it is.

It's in pretty good shape, a few bit of minor surface rust (around battery, roll bar pitting but that's about it - the full galvanisation has worked for the most part) but the Targa top itself needs to be rebuilt (I'm off to see Prostitch and Michael at East Coast Trim thanks to recommendations from this forum).

I'm currently stripping it back to clean up and fix parts, a full respray and refresh of the interior trim (original tan was sprayed black with some bits recovered in black vinyl)

I'd be very grateful of suggestions (Sydney) for paint&panel, suspension/brakes, auto electrician. I'm trying to do as much of the work myself as possible to keep the budget down (I've never watched so much youtube!) but have no experience with these need professionals in such critical areas.

Oh, and one big one please - does anyone know of a shop that has done a Targa rear glass installation? It is famously difficult and according to James at Autohaus Hamilton parts, they're no longer available if it gets broken !

Thanks for having me

JC

Welcome JC ... congrats on your purchase.

I hope you knew the engine bay looked like that when you bought it ... SURPRISE!! ... 🤣

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a long time and have wanted a Porsche since I was a boy - saw a 959 flying past on the highway when I was about 10 at that was it. Have owned air-cooled VWs since I could get a license.

Finally bought a 996 last weekend, so the Porsche journey has officially begun.

Seems like an excellent community here (can see some familiar names from VW forums too), so excited to be part of it.

Cheers,
Eden.

14 minutes ago, Eden said:

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a long time and have wanted a Porsche since I was a boy - saw a 959 flying past on the highway when I was about 10 at that was it. Have owned air-cooled VWs since I could get a license.

Finally bought a 996 last weekend, so the Porsche journey has officially begun.

Seems like an excellent community here (can see some familiar names from VW forums too), so excited to be part of it.

Cheers,
Eden.

Join  on a run and introduce your P car. 👍

• 10 months later...

Hi all.

My name is René. I'm not a Porsche owner as yet (although I have owned a 1986 944). I have always loved 356/911's since I was a kid but I could never figure out exactly which Porsche I'd want to own. I had in my mind it had to be an Australian delivered Porsche. I was going through carsales when I saw it. A 1988 911 Carrera in silver. I knew straight away that's the one I wanted. This is a UK delivered car which goes against my Aussie delivered car stance, so I did a bit of research not knowing much about the cars, only to find out the chances of me finding a local delivered car in that colour would be near on impossible.

Anyway, the bug has bitten me, so now the journey starts. Whether or not it works out only time will tell.

Thanks for having me.

Regards,
René

2 minutes ago, René said:

Thanks @LeeM going to be a long hunt....... Should have started years ago, but clarity was only reached when I saw the Silver 911.....

Yeah silver 911's can have that effect mate 😁 I'm biased though, as I have a silver '78 I backdated 😁👍

• 3 weeks later...