New to the forum? Start here...

Hello people, my name is Trev. I am quite new to the Porsche car and currently have a 69 model that has been done up as a 80's look although I am thinking of bringing it back to original and am curious what it would be worth as original now. I also have a a 83 cabriolet slant nose which I purchased just recently. I look forward to time on this forum and have to admit after seeing about 20 Porsches on a run in Queensland am thinking it might be nice to be part of something like this...

Hey Trev, Welcome!

Returning a car back to its original state brings up all sorts of considerations, however probably the most pivotal is the question of what it originally was? Are you thinking of honouring its "exact" heritage, or are we going to see an "R"!?!?! :rolleyes::D

As for the slantnose... Wahoo! Wobbly is someone to talk to here...

As for seeing a bunch of cars out in their natural habitat...

Look forward to seeing you out there in the posts!

Cheers,

Kerry

• 1 month later...

Nice cars Trev. That slant nose takes me back to the "Miami Vice" days as a teenager.

I'm new to the forum also. In fact, I have only been a 911 owner for 6 days.

Being a mechanical ignoramous and living 5 hours from Sydney, I hope this forum may serve as a bit of a lifeline when I see smoke from my rear, or a warning light on my dash.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

About time I said hello! Here's a photo of mine...

Aus delivered 1971 911T with 2.3 litre twin plug engine :)

Hi Cam,

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like a bit of a track weapon you have there :D . I am guessing it's not your daily driver.

Doug

Flattery will get you everywhere Paul! Thanks Chris

Yes its true I am thinking about selling the car. I've pured a whole lot of love and money into the car over the last 5 years but living here in tropical Darwin I have a hankering for something with air conditioning!

I had the new engine built late last year which is basically a 2.3 litre twin plug engine built to Group N Historic Specs. The gear box has been rebuilt with shorter gears and an LSD. The suspension has also been rebuilt with all of the good stuff! Real RS rear flares, fibreglass bumpers and bonnet, light weight interior, roll cage blah blah blah :)

I am actually thinking about sneaking down for the PCV Sprint at Sandown in August so hopefully I might meet some of you Vics there!

I'll try to post a link to some of my vids in the video forum.

Cheers

Cam

Yes its true I am thinking about selling the car. I've pured a whole lot of love and money into the car over the last 5 years but living here in tropical Darwin I have a hankering for something with air conditioning!

Darwin...air conditioning. Those 2 words seem to go hand in hand :)

I am actually thinking about sneaking down for the PCV Sprint at Sandown in August so hopefully I might meet some of you Vics there!

I think this event is pretty popular, given its metropolitan location, so you probably need to get in early.

Doug

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone. Just joined the forum. Bought my first Porsche 7days ago. Had my eyes on the 993 model for the last 12 years and I finally have one sitting in my driveway! Still pinching myself and feeling like a kid in a candy store. If I dont take it for a drive each night after work I get withdrawals....does this last long :) ?

I have only daughters so this Black 1996 993 C4S is now known as my son. Looking forward to learning a bit from these forums and doing a drive day in the near future.

cheers.

Congratulations, gee a great car to have as your first P car experience!

What part of the world are you in. If its Melbourne then I hope we get to see it in the flesh and also how about some pics for the gallery!! :):)

Cheers and once again congratulations

Chris

Wow, what a great first choice. No the feeling does not go away. Owning a Porsche becomes life absorbing. A black 993C4S I am envious - picture please. Drive it lots and wash it with Autoglym. Only use BP Ultra, Mobil 98 or Caltex 98 petrol and it will be more economical and purr along. Watch out for female jealousy.

Congratulations

Paul M