New to the forum? Start here...

Hello people, my name is Trev. I am quite new to the Porsche car and currently have a 69 model that has been done up as a 80's look although I am thinking of bringing it back to original and am curious what it would be worth as original now. I also have a a 83 cabriolet slant nose which I purchased just recently. I look forward to time on this forum and have to admit after seeing about 20 Porsches on a run in Queensland am thinking it might be nice to be part of something like this...

Hi Trev,

Roger here , my first post and I am old so give me a break if I offend any special code of misconduct...lol

So guys...tell me is this a good forum ?

Cheers

Rogerpost-255-12864610412_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to everyone on the forum!

New to this type of thing so I hope I do this correctly! My name's Dean and I hope this forum will lead to some new friends from like-minded souls...info and general fun! I have had my 2001 Boxster since new (in speed yellow) and have just a few weeks ago purchased my 993 Carrera S in silver. Bit of a funny story on how I bought her. My 993 is off getting some paint work at the moment and I am missing the car to bits. Just put one of my new plates on the car, 9IIS and looking forward to getting her in immaculate, as new condition. So hello to everyone and I hope to really enjoy the experience.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone...the name's Pete.

It's been a few hard years since I was knee high to a grasshopper and first seen a Porsche, but here I am with this years xmas present.

She is an Adelaide delivered car with full service history.

Looking forward to many years of joy, blood, sweat and tears... :)

P.S. ignore the carsales sign I aint been out to take my own pics yet :D

post-315-129344444075_thumb.jpg

Welcome Aboard Pete!

Love that white Targa look, perfect for a quick trip down to Second Valley or the like on a hot summers day!

Looking forward to seeing some more pics... is it a solid glass back or soft back? The metal "rollbar" looks just so retro - excellent!

Cheers,

Kerry

Welcome Aboard Pete!

Love that white Targa look, perfect for a quick trip down to Second Valley or the like on a hot summers day!

Looking forward to seeing some more pics... is it a solid glass back or soft back? The metal "rollbar" looks just so retro - excellent!

Cheers,

Kerry

Thanks Kerry,

she was perfect for a cruise up in the Adelaide Hills on xmas day. It is a solid glass back and original unmarked steel bar. Sounds corny but after travelling around Australia looking for my first Porsche for about 2 years, as soon as I seen her it was like a Shannons add, "it was love mate"

Nice P-Car Pete,

It looks like it has be lovingingly cared for.

Ideal car for summer tour of SA wineries.

Doug

Cheers Doug

She was Adelaide delivered in '76 and has full service history. Needs a little tlc but hey that's what it's all about. "love thy Porsche". I am hanging for my club membership so I can get my historic rego so I can visit a few more wineries :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

My name is David. I owned a MY00 Boxster, picked up my first 911 7 days ago. It's like a childhood dream come true.

This 993 also the first manual car I ever own. :P

If you ever see a 993 stall please don't laugh :P

Any way, nice to meet you all.

cheers,

David

Welcome David,

Best of both worlds with your little collection there. Make sure you bring them out for all to see at our next Sunday Morning Targa. Don't stress about stalling in front of forum members....I have already done it!

Regards and again Welcome.

Andy S

Hi Andy, nice to meet you.

Thanks. :D I am definitely interested.

I'll try to up my manual skill so I can catch up to you guys :lol:

Just wondering do I have to be part of PCV to joint the meet?

And I am thinking to join PCV though .....:)

Cheers,

David

Hi All,

My name is David. I owned a MY00 Boxster, picked up my first 911 7 days ago. It's like a childhood dream come true.

This 993 also the first manual car I ever own. :P

If you ever see a 993 stall please don't laugh :P

Any way, nice to meet you all.

cheers,

David

Hi David.

welcome to the forum.

If your 993 is the first manual you've owned then it sounds like a good excuse to me to go out and drive to get your gear changes honed.

You'll have to post some pics.

Doug

Don't stress about stalling in front of forum members....I have already done it!

Kept that quiet on day ;):P

Hi Andy, nice to meet you.

Thanks. :D I am definitely interested.

I'll try to up my manual skill so I can catch up to you guys :lol:

Just wondering do I have to be part of PCV to joint the meet?

And I am thinking to join PCV though .....:)

Cheers,

David

Hi David,

I am sure forum drives are open to both PCV members and non members. I am a PCV member and you will probably find that you will enjoy this as well if you become a member.

Regards

Hi David.

welcome to the forum.

If your 993 is the first manual you've owned then it sounds like a good excuse to me to go out and drive to get your gear changes honed.

You'll have to post some pics.

Doug

Kept that quiet on day ;):P

Hi Doug,

Leaving the car park in Tooradin on our way to Philip Island for the historics. And yep...kept it very quiet and hoped no one was watching..:unsure:

Hi,

Here are the Pics I took when I bought the car. (Sorry for the bad quality. I took it with my bad mobile phone.)

On Sunday if the weather is good, I'll take the car our for more shot :D

Cheers,

David

Looks very tidy David. Well done.

Glenn.

Hi David,

Nice set of wheels, well done on your purchase.

You definitely are a lucky bugger. There is definitely something better than owning a Porsche; having two!

By the way Glenn, I nearly had to slap myself when I saw your last post. I almost thought I must have replied when I saw the picture of your ride. Nice set of wheels as well, although I am a bit bias when talking about black 3.2's.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Chris,

Thanks. At the moment I am try to drive the car an hour a day. Perhaps can catch up at the Targa run in April. (Assume my manual skill is up to scratch by then lol.)

Hi Glenn, nice to meet you,

Hi Peter,

Thanks. :). I am still in the process to convince my wife we get rid of the Yaris and keep the Boxster.

She really likes the convertible.... :P

Cheers,

David

Good luck with your negotiating skills David.

Maybe try the angle "You look great in that Porsche honey", and the other one "I want you to be driving a safer car".

Time to retire the Yaris for someone else to enjoy.