New to the forum? Start here...

• 1 month later...

New to Porsche ownership but have been wanting one for 35 years after being taken for a spin by a gent named Kerry Harmanis when I was 18 or 19. Ended up with a 1982 911 SC similar to what I had my first ride in........loving every minute of it.

Interior.jpg

IMG_3388.PNG

nice one. Is that @James P's old ride?

Hi all - My name is Trent and my next car will be my first Porsche - a 997 Cabriolet!

Can anyone help me with a finance question? I want to buy the car through my business, but my bank tells me they won't let me lease a vehicle that will be more than 8 years old at the end of the lease. Anyone have any ideas? Would Porsche Finance at a dealership help?

I currently have a HSV GTS Maloo, but I think it's time to get a cheaper work car, and a weekend car that I have always wanted!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can guide me - am enjoying reading the forum.

Hi all - My name is Trent and my next car will be my first Porsche - a 997 Cabriolet!

Can anyone help me with a finance question? I want to buy the car through my business, but my bank tells me they won't let me lease a vehicle that will be more than 8 years old at the end of the lease. Anyone have any ideas? Would Porsche Finance at a dealership help?

I currently have a HSV GTS Maloo, but I think it's time to get a cheaper work car, and a weekend car that I have always wanted!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can guide me - am enjoying reading the forum.

You need to talk to your accountant, you might be able to do a hire purchase but my understanding is it will become an asset on your books & then you have to deal with depreciation etc, etc. Don't forget to look at the FBT implications as well. I have a very good accountant (honest) in Caringbah, PM me if you want his contact details. good luck. 

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, long time listener first time caller. Thought I'd better stop the years of voyeuring, get on board and join the scene now I have time. Seems like a good fun bunch of blokes and mixture of personalities here, look forward to meeting a few.

Hey guys, long time listener first time caller. Thought I'd better stop the years of voyeuring, get on board and join the scene now I have time. Seems like a good fun bunch of blokes and mixture of personalities here, look forward to meeting a few.

Welcome! I see a 996 X51 in your life, you might soon have a little in common with @algetsa911 :ph34r:

F all around, they're a great thing in a 996.1, it was optioned with the sports seats suspension short shift exhaust and gt3 rims. A terrific little go fast package with a lightweight feel

let's see some pics

Here she is, Zenith Blue, top colour. Shot on the road trip home after purchase in Sydney, had to detour via the high plains route for a coffee, Yass Canberra Cooma Merimbula Sale Melbourne

37681582911_51a0d7e039_b.jpg

Love Zenith Blue. Think I remember this one coming up - northern beaches?  Looks great

Dodgy SatNav? 

Well I was hardly going to travel the motorway from Sydney to Goulburn when I can smack it through the Royal and down through Bulli and over the Macquarie Pass to Sutton Forrest :D straight lines are boring

Love Zenith Blue. Think I remember this one coming up - northern beaches?  Looks great

Always wanted a Zenith blue Pcar and yes, Northern beaches spot on. When I saw it pop up I was there early the next morning and before lunch on my way home in it .:wub:

@Troubleshooter one thing I bought for my 996 which makes the front number plate sit much better than the stock mounts is one of these: https://www.frazerpart.com/acatalog/Porsche-996-front-number-plate-mount-all-models-1998-2001.html

you can get them from your local Porsche dealer for about $30

Ps - on the subject of zenith blue 996, have a look at this one. Aside from the wheels which are a bit over the top for me, it looks great with the (part) aerokit and lower stance

https://teamspeed.com/forums/991-997-996/69269-zenith-blue-porsche-996-photoshoot.html

@Troubleshooter one thing I bought for my 996 which makes the front number plate sit much better than the stock mounts is one of these: https://www.frazerpart.com/acatalog/Porsche-996-front-number-plate-mount-all-models-1998-2001.html

you can get them from your local Porsche dealer for about $30

Ps - on the subject of zenith blue 996, have a look at this one. Aside from the wheels which are a bit over the top for me, it looks great with the (part) aerokit and lower stance

https://teamspeed.com/forums/991-997-996/69269-zenith-blue-porsche-996-photoshoot.html

You're on the money with the number plate mount, mine at the moment sits out 25mm and with new plates coming and not a slimline, it'll look so crap on the front I'll certainly invest in the above, thanks for that. 

The photos of the Zenith are well done and Vic plates too but from Qld it says, very nice photos. The wheels don't work at all imo (also 19's I think) but with 18's the lowered stance would look even better than it already does. One thing I'm going to add to mine are mesh inserts to cover the 3 radiators, they are way to exposed to the elements with the air scoops on the front

You're on the money with the number plate mount, mine at the moment sits out 25mm and with new plates coming and not a slimline, it'll look so crap on the front I'll certainly invest in the above, thanks for that. 

The photos of the Zenith are well done and Vic plates too but from Qld it says, very nice photos. The wheels don't work at all imo (also 19's I think) but with 18's the lowered stance would look even better than it already does. One thing I'm going to add to mine are mesh inserts to cover the 3 radiators, they are way to exposed to the elements with the air scoops on the front

mesh inserts sound like a good idea. I just put the GT3 front bar on mine and when I was drying the car the other day with my car dryer I noticed quite a lot of leaves were coming out when I dried the bar - far more than with the original bar

Yes mine's the same and leaves etc accumulate so easily in there, worried a stone or rock will hit the radiator, I saw somewhere a place in the states that sold ready to fit mesh in all different styles and finishes to fit 911's and caymans and boxsters, i'll have to chase that up ..   I saw yours on the 996 appreciation page, silver with ggt3 rims looks fantastic!

Design911 have them, although don't seem to do the centres https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=7444

you can also get the rennline ones from Autohaus Hamilton http://autohaushamilton.com.au/news/parts-rennline-front-bumper-wire-mesh-grill-kit-981-cayman-gts

think I think I'll chase up autohause being local and see if they do a 996, cheers mate!

• 4 months later...

Hi guys - been in the car game for years (mostly JDM turbos from the early 2000s) and just picked up a 996.1 c2 cabriolet for a bit of weekend fun. In amazing condition for an old car! Black on black with charcoal turbo wheels.

It needs a little bit of work - it doesn't like starting when hot. After sitting for an hour it then starts with a low idle. Did a bit of research - battery/alternator reading is 14 on cold start and slowly drops down to about 12.5 when hot, it might be the alternator/starter cable needing replacement. Will investigate further when I retrieve my multimeter. Where do most people get spare parts from?

Anyway,  looking forward to coming on a few cruises with the vic group. Already thinking of another P car for a daily driver now!

IMG_20180217_113952 (Medium).jpg