New to the forum? Start here...

18 hours ago, slknv said:

Hi guys - been in the car game for years (mostly JDM turbos from the early 2000s) and just picked up a 996.1 c2 cabriolet for a bit of weekend fun. In amazing condition for an old car! Black on black with charcoal turbo wheels.

It needs a little bit of work - it doesn't like starting when hot. After sitting for an hour it then starts with a low idle. Did a bit of research - battery/alternator reading is 14 on cold start and slowly drops down to about 12.5 when hot, it might be the alternator/starter cable needing replacement. Will investigate further when I retrieve my multimeter. Where do most people get spare parts from?

Anyway,  looking forward to coming on a few cruises with the vic group. Already thinking of another P car for a daily driver now!

IMG_20180217_113952 (Medium).jpg

Welcome .. go well , go fast ;)  Enjoy 

On 18/02/2018 at 10:13 AM, slknv said:

Hi guys - been in the car game for years (mostly JDM turbos from the early 2000s) and just picked up a 996.1 c2 cabriolet for a bit of weekend fun. In amazing condition for an old car! Black on black with charcoal turbo wheels.

It needs a little bit of work - it doesn't like starting when hot. After sitting for an hour it then starts with a low idle. Did a bit of research - battery/alternator reading is 14 on cold start and slowly drops down to about 12.5 when hot, it might be the alternator/starter cable needing replacement. Will investigate further when I retrieve my multimeter. Where do most people get spare parts from?

Anyway,  looking forward to coming on a few cruises with the vic group. Already thinking of another P car for a daily driver now!

IMG_20180217_113952 (Medium).jpg

Trying to pick that spot? Under the channel 10 tower in the Dandenongs?

On 18/02/2018 at 7:55 PM, Taffy said:

Congrats @slknv looks like a great car. Just picked up my 996.1 and in vic as well.

cheers

Taffy

Great stuff! Come along on the next SMT. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

I've just entered the Porsche fold with my first P car. It's the realisation of a childhood dream and a very different car to what I'm used to (I have had Alfa 105s, a clubman then Lotus Elise, Exige and Elan). It's a UK delivered late 86 3.2 in guards red. 

Looking forward to learning more about the old girl and using the thing!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/afh94ulxh4s0tmm/20180304_165702.jpg?dl=0

8 minutes ago, Kpas said:

Hey All,

I've just entered the Porsche fold with my first P car. It's the realisation of a childhood dream and a very different car to what I'm used to (I have had Alfa 105s, a clubman then Lotus Elise, Exige and Elan). It's a UK delivered late 86 3.2 in guards red. 

Welcome and congrats - looks great.

Still got any Alfas?

10 minutes ago, Kpas said:

Hey All,

I've just entered the Porsche fold with my first P car. It's the realisation of a childhood dream and a very different car to what I'm used to.

It's a UK delivered late 86 3.2 in guards red. 

Now wipe that grin of your face……..if you can.

Welcome aboard.

5 minutes ago, GUT said:

Welcome and congrats - looks great.

Still got any Alfas?

No unfortunately not. I sold my 73 2000 to buy an Exige. They are beautiful cars.

2 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Now wipe that grin of your face……..if you can.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks! It's got to go through roadworthy soon. Hopefully I'm still smiling after that.......

40 minutes ago, Kpas said:

Hey All,

Guards red black int:wub: Welcome Kpas. Have you polished her yet:Chuckle2:

20180304_165702.jpg

Hi team, 

I'm Adam, nice place you have here. 

Over the last 6 years I've owned and worked on my two VW's - one is a late bay Kombi and the other a early VW squareback. 

The squareback I kind of fell in love with because the front end has always reminded me of porsches. 

But, despite my love for aircooled VW's - my love for aircooled Porsches is stronger! They have always been my dream car since playing 'Test Drive' on the commodore 64 as a kid. 

A friend of mine has owned a Carrera 2 since about 1990 i think and I have always loved cruising around in that. 

Recently on one of my recent trips to Japan, I got to hang out with the awesome guys from Fun 2 Drive and drive their awesome Porsche 911 Turbo 964 around Hakone and Fuji. A must do if you're in Japan.  Amazing guys, amazing setup and equally awesome car! Although it was LHD, so that took a little getting used to - especially in the snow!! 

Now that i'm back in the land of 4 seasons in one day, I've decided to sell my VW's in the hope of finding a Porsche.  Unfortunately, my budget is sub 50k until the tattslotto fairy visits  but every so often I see them pop up on gumtree/carsales - but then are sold within an hour or two! The right one will come along one day, just need to keep my eyes out! 

Hopefully will get to meet some of you guys one day. 

porsche4.jpg

type3.JPG

porsche2.jpg

9 hours ago, AdRock said:

type3.JPG

Cool Dub - also absolutely love 4 Pillars, have spent way too much money and time consuming that product - no question the best Gin in the world and a great bunch of people

Seem to find myself there monthly on average.......

17 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Cool Dub - also absolutely love 4 Pillars, have spent way too much money and time consuming that product - no question the best Gin in the world and a great bunch of people

Seem to find myself there monthly on average.......

Four pillars is a great setup - you are right, the staff there are very awesome! I dont actually drink myself, but my girlfriend is a massive gin fan and I love checking out their distillery. (I'm more of a fan of the dairy down the road and their cheese!) It seems that we go to four pillars so often that  of the staff there know us by name now. Haha. It's a very expensive product though.  When in Japan, we bought 3 bottles of artisan gin, locally made in Kyoto for the same price as one bottle of four pillars!

Hi everyone

just joined the forum, have been partial to Porsche since 8 years old, had a few for a short while, currently dark green 911SC and Meteor Grey 928, and after getting to know a few people from PCNSW, drives, Landshark Oz, Coffee meets, and IG, I've enjoyed getting involved in the community over the past several years. 

I live on a small farm on the mid north coast NSW Near Taree/Forster/Gloucester and always enjoy getting out whether it be locally, Newcastle, Sydney or elsewhere for a drive, coffee, chinwag and a beer.

Look forward to being involved in the forum and getting to know a few more Porscheophiles too. 

Cheers

Paul

5 hours ago, Piltins said:

Hi everyone

just joined the forum, have been partial to Porsche since 8 years old, had a few for a short while, currently dark green 911SC and Meteor Grey 928, and after getting to know a few people from PCNSW, drives, Landshark Oz, Coffee meets, and IG, I've enjoyed getting involved in the community over the past several years. 

I live on a small farm on the mid north coast NSW Near Taree/Forster/Gloucester and always enjoy getting out whether it be locally, Newcastle, Sydney or elsewhere for a drive, coffee, chinwag and a beer.

Look forward to being involved in the forum and getting to know a few more Porscheophiles too. 

Cheers

Paul

About time you joined, good to see you here mate

8 hours ago, Piltins said:

Hi everyone

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

welcome, at last, as Tingy said....sorta.  I have been working from Taree the last couple of weeks but now on a forced break.  If you still visit this side of the hill, let me know when and will try and catch up. 

cheers

Brian

Hi everyone,

Just joined after being long time lurker. Up to now I've simply been enjoying the banter from the sidelines.

Purely selfish reason for joining - I wanted to post the link to the ad for a car I'm selling:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1973/SSE-AD-5330281/?Cr=2).

Otherwise, currently I have a couple in the stable (72T and GT3 Touring). I also dearly miss an 89 Carrera sold three years back.

I'm no social butterfly, but if opportunity permits I look forward to meeting some of you at some point.

Cheers,

Stuart

13 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

About time you joined, good to see you here mate

Haha yep Steve, I could come up with a bunch of silly excuses why it took me 4 years, but nah. Good to be on and thanks for the welcome. 

Cheers ? 

Paul

11 hours ago, Jamie said:

Welcome mate

You too. Cheers Jamie

the cars looking  good mate!

9 hours ago, OZ930 said:

Hi Paul,

welcome, at last, as Tingy said....sorta.  I have been working from Taree the last couple of weeks but now on a forced break.  If you still visit this side of the hill, let me know when and will try and catch up. 

cheers

Brian

Thanks Brian, look forward to it,  

Hope you're OK mate?

I may be up in Armidale a few times over the Coming month so will let you know if I am I can come down for a beer. Or will probably see you for the Lithgow run,

cheers

Paul

On 2/18/2018 at 10:33 AM, Troubleshooter said:

Welcome slknv. ""Already thinking of another P car for a daily driver now!""

The bug has bitten!!!!!!

erm yep... so a month after picking up the 911, I've traded my daily in for a cayenne turbo, so now every day is P car day :lol:

Every third day is "visit the petrol station to refill one of the P cars" day.

And every fifth day is "discover something else broken on a P car" day. Today was the rear left quarter window in the 911 that doesn't want to roll up :unsure:

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:31 PM, PTINS said:

Hi everyone

Cheers

Paul

Hey Paul. Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you'll be able to meet up with some of those New South Welshman to learn the secret PFA handshake before the next inter state rendezvous. 

Wayne

Hi everyone,

I see my good friend KPas has jumped onboard so I thought I should join as well.

Last September I bought my first Porsche 9306700091. It is an Oct 1975 build, Aus delivered 3.0 litre 930.  The previous owner Luke, was on the Pelican parts forum as Wild Turkey.

The car is run down but fairly original and has matching numbers. I am keen to meet owners of similar cars so i can keep my car as original as possible. The A/C has been removed and few other odd things done to it. These need to be fixed, and I want to do it correctly.

I have a been a life long Lotus owner, so this is a big step into the unknown for me. Currently I have a Lotus Type 26, Type 46, Type 47 and Type 50. That will give you something to google over lunchtime! I've had a bit to do with A110 Alpines so I am not too scared about this beast and its handling.

Cheers

to all

Richard Mann 

PFA photo.JPG

14 hours ago, bear924 said:

Hey Paul. Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you'll be able to meet up with some of those New South Welshman to learn the secret PFA handshake before the next inter state rendezvous. 

Wayne

Hey @bear924it's Paul from Targabendabeer, lol:D

He already knows the secret handshake. It's only taken him 3yrs to join up.

5 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

Hey @bear924it's Paul from Targabendabeer, lol:D

He already knows the secret handshake. It's only taken him 3yrs to join up.

I knew that. I just hadn't realised you lot had informed him about the secret handshake.  I was probably the only one not using it on him during our Targa weekend..... hope he didn't spit in my beer because he thought I was excluding him !!