New to the forum? Start here...

Hi guys. I am new to the forum. Just purchased my first Porsche. 2009 Cayman 987.2 Base. Not many options ticked. 21000kms, 6 speed manual. Getting it freighted from WA to Adelaide over the next fortnight. 

Spent most my years so far in Renault Sports, Alfa’s and recently a ND Miata (currently selling). Been contributing to Ozrenaultsport forum for quite some time. I look forward to being apart of the forum here also. And maybe catch up with the Adelaide community in the future.

Cheers!

175CBF3F-EE68-4678-8857-D473EBBC739B.png

8 hours ago, Tyson987 said:

Hi guys. I am new to the forum. Just purchased my first Porsche. 2009 Cayman 987.2 Base. Not many options ticked. 21000kms, 6 speed manual. Getting it freighted from WA to Adelaide over the next fortnight. 

Spent most my years so far in Renault Sports, Alfa’s and recently a ND Miata (currently selling). Been contributing to Ozrenaultsport forum for quite some time. I look forward to being apart of the forum here also. And maybe catch up with the Adelaide community in the future.

Cheers!

175CBF3F-EE68-4678-8857-D473EBBC739B.png

Welcome.  Pretty good bunch here, just watch out for that @Symsy and @TrevMcRev

We moved from an NB to an 05 987 Boxster S a few ago.  Chalk & cheese, you'll absolutely love the Cayman:D

2 minutes ago, Fraser930 said:

Yeah 650S GT3. Race in Australian GT Championship 

My favourite category at the moment. I wish the powers that be would jump on to it and give it more air time. The lack of airtime at the GP was BS for the fans. You're having a pretty good year so far. Good luck with the rest of it :) Go Walkinshaw... :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Fraser930 said:

Yeah 650S GT3. Race in Australian GT Championship 

Oh yeah, the Turbo looks awesome by the way ha ha. Welcome to the forum :) 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Skins said:

Hi all,   I'm new to the forum, and also an active member of the typ901 registry. I have met a few of you in/around events in town but hope to put more faces to names soon!   

IMG901.jpg

Welcome Skins, that's a nice looking car, silver works so well on this vintage (actually what colour doesn'tB)

10 hours ago, Harsh said:

welcome

Thanks

8 hours ago, MARTY said:

Great looking car @Skins

Thanks Marty :)

8 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Welcome Skins, that's a nice looking car, silver works so well on this vintage (actually what colour doesn'tB)

True - haven't seen a colour that doesn't look good, thanks

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Dave986 said:

Hi all, new guy here.

I revently purchased a 986(.2??). I’m the lucky second owner and really enjoying it. 

I might not be the most prolific poster on the forum, however I hope to meet you all at future events. 

Welcome to the forum Dave look forward to seeing you out and about mate

3 hours ago, firstone said:

Welcome Dave, tell us more about it. Where did you find a one owner 986? Colour, etc.

Thanks chaps.

I bought it from a chap in Sydney. FSH with a few minor blemishes in the paint (reasonable though for a 15 yr old car). It’s black and other than the optional 18’s fitted and the obligatory IMS upgrade, it is bog stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

I used to be a member of the forum but have had 3 years away but about to take delivery of a my new Porsche today so thought I would get amongst it again.

Look forward to attending some cruises and meeting some new people. 

The new ride is 2018 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS in carmide red.

porschemedium.jpg

Hi,

I'm new here and new to Porsches having very recently made the transition from other German marques.

My car is a fairly basic 2007/8 987 Tiptronic Boxster S with 48000km on the clock. I use it for daily transport and drive around 60km a day on highways and major roads.

It was a private sale and seems to have been very well looked after with the Southport Porsche dealership performing a pre-purchase inspection and giving it a clean bill of health.

I'm enjoying my ownership so far and constantly wonder why I hadn't done this years ago.

I own a few other cars, all of which are Italian, so I won't sully these pages by listing them.

Kind regards,

Chris

Sunshine Coast, Qld

On 6/26/2018 at 9:00 PM, James80 said:

Hi There,

I used to be a member of the forum but have had 3 years away but about to take delivery of a my new Porsche today so thought I would get amongst it again.

porschemedium.jpg

That is a thing of beauty @James80 welcome back to the forum mate,definitely doing it in style.

30 minutes ago, Boxster987 said:

Hi,

I'm new here and new to Porsches having very recently made the transition from other German marques.

My car is a fairly basic 2007/8 987 Tiptronic Boxster S with 48000km on the clock. I use it for daily transport and drive around 60km a day on highways and major roads.

It was a private sale and seems to have been very well looked after with the Southport Porsche dealership performing a pre-purchase inspection and giving it a clean bill of health.

I'm enjoying my ownership so far and constantly wonder why I hadn't done this years ago.

I own a few other cars, all of which are Italian, so I won't sully these pages by listing them.

Kind regards,

Chris

Sunshine Coast, Qld

Welcome to the forum Chris I’m sure you’ll have heaps of fun driving your Boxster.

On 6/27/2018 at 5:00 AM, James80 said:

Hi There,

porschemedium.jpg

Welcome back. I drove exact same spec car in April at a PCB drive day in the Noosa hinterland. An amazing car Enjoy.

• 1 month later...

So....just drove it 1000k to get it home. I have identified a couple of issues I’ll need t get fixed (and try and work out what all the buttons do!) but I’m very impressed with the way it accelerates once it is through 4000 rpm. The policeman was a little less impressed, and added another $266 to the purchase price...

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, Thommo1974 said:

....... The policeman was a little less impressed, and added another $266 to the purchase price...

That's funny, in a 'glad it was you and not me' kinda way.

Enjoy it in any way you can!