New to the forum? Start here...

On 8/9/2018 at 8:55 PM, brian in buddina said:

come on Chris, tell us about your Italians...

Brian in Buddina

Been away on holidays and missed your post - sorry.

I've owned various Italian cars over the years but currently I have a 1957 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider, a 1967 Fiat 500F and a 1970 Alfa Romeo 1750GTV.

I've also owned a lot of German cars too and the Italian ones are very different.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 9:10 AM, Boxster987 said:

Been away on holidays and missed your post - sorry.

I've owned various Italian cars over the years but currently I have a 1957 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider, a 1967 Fiat 500F and a 1970 Alfa Romeo 1750GTV.

I've also owned a lot of German cars too and the Italian ones are very different.

Chris

Must be something about the name Chris.  I've owned 3 Alfa's myself. In fact for a short time, I owned all 3 at once.

98 Ph1 916 GTV TS

02 Ph2 916 GTV TS

05 147 TS.

At some point in the future I WILL own a V6 Busso. Either another 916 GTV or possibly a GT 937.

3AlfasFront.jpg.35157ce7cc2a942c5a100fd94d06440e.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi new to the forum, I have always wanted a 911 for as long as I can remember, grew up with exclusively 911's on my wall. I bought my car 13 months ago going into it with my eyes open it was cheap for a C2 manual coupe and I have done all of work myself so far. I have replaced the battery, heater core, fixed the flying foam climate control doors, replaced indicator stalk, replaced the charging harness, replaced voltage regulator, replaced engine mounts, radiator cap, suspension, and droplinks, gear shifter assembly, gearbox detent spring retainer, gearbox oil, oil filler tube, air oil seperator coupling. Maintenance stuff was tires and oil change wiper arms this was a nice car with a documented service history, although allot of this stuff I found myself but yeah, it is awesome car and I love it still feels a bit surreal 911 ownership. Next job is Gearbox mount Powerflex inserts. I have put 14000 kms on it since I bought it, previous to me it was only doing about 2-3000km per year.

IMG_20181223_173042838_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181230_114301546_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190109_112900334.jpg

2 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Hi new to the forum, I have always wanted a 911 for as long as I can remember, grew up with exclusively 911's on my wall. I bought my car 13 months ago going into it with my eyes open it was cheap for a C2 manual coupe and I have done all of work myself so far. I have replaced the battery, heater core, fixed the flying foam climate control doors, replaced indicator stalk, replaced the charging harness, replaced voltage regulator, replaced engine mounts, radiator cap, suspension, and droplinks, gear shifter assembly, gearbox detent spring retainer, gearbox oil, oil filler tube, air oil seperator coupling. Maintenance stuff was tires and oil change wiper arms this was a nice car with a documented service history, although allot of this stuff I found myself but yeah, it is awesome car and I love it still feels a bit surreal 911 ownership. Next job is Gearbox mount Powerflex inserts. I have put 14000 kms on it since I bought it, previous to me it was only doing about 2-3000km per year.

Welcome a 98 996 C2 is an excellent choice if i may say so.. was this car for sale in Hawthorn (Melbourne) around 13 months ago?

3 hours ago, James P said:

Welcome a 98 996 C2 is an excellent choice if i may say so.. was this car for sale in Hawthorn (Melbourne) around 13 months ago?

Hi James yeah it was it had some issues but generally it has been a great reliable car I ended up getting for a great price. I have bought this car as a lifer just need to get a impact bumper SC now and I will be happy as.

43 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

Hi James yeah it was it had some issues but generally it has been a great reliable car I ended up getting for a great price. I have bought this car as a lifer just need to get a impact bumper SC now and I will be happy as.

Nice.. i was in the market for one back then & i liked the options on your one but timing wasn't right, a few months later i got this with the some awesome options which is rare  https://porscheforum.com.au/topic/13353-new-996-c2/ 

On 25/01/2019 at 19:56, James P said:

Nice.. i was in the market for one back then & i liked the options on your one but timing wasn't right, a few months later i got this with the some awesome options which is rare  https://porscheforum.com.au/topic/13353-new-996-c2/ 

Wow that looks nice I love the white! Nice options too I think I remember seeing this one forsale too.

On 25/01/2019 at 21:56, Damienb said:

Nice first post @DarrenM, nice car and nice shed!  Are you bringing it to Colac for HB2 this Sunday?

Would love to come to HB2 but unfortunately I am Sydney based with small kids so getting away for the weekend is impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought i'd introduce myself and throw my SC into the mix,

After searching for many years i purchased this 79 SC from a gentleman in Sydney about 4 years ago.

Original left hooker from the US and converted back in the 90's

After a re paint and a new set of rims from Classic Wheels Australia it presents well and drives great

911 SC.jpg

911 SC2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Long time lurker, but as I’ve now posted on one of the threads, I should do the intro. 

Got this about a decade ago -  1969 911S, rhd UK car.  It’s been a race car most of its life and currently has a 2.3 twin plug, but have the matching numbers engine case as well. 

Cheers, Nathan

p.s. I did not take this photo, but cannot find who to credit it to - whoever it was, thanks.

4FB52933-20A5-4230-8E16-295FF255B6E4.jpeg

6 hours ago, Devo said:

Long time lurker, but as I’ve now posted on one of the threads, I should do the intro. 

Got this about a decade ago -  1969 911S, rhd UK car.  It’s been a race car most of its life and currently has a 2.3 twin plug, but have the matching numbers engine case as well. 

Cheers, Nathan

4FB52933-20A5-4230-8E16-295FF255B6E4.jpeg

Looks the Business. Gorgeous mate. 

• 4 months later...

Hello to all. From having a poster of a Guards Red 930 on my bedroom wall as a kid and the 928 in Risky Business a Porsche was always on the cards. After settling in Sydney a few years ago and having the opportunity, I took the plunge with the good people at Porsche Willoughby and here she is, a 991.2 GT3 in Crayon. PDK because everything happens so fast I want both hands on the wheel (and because my commute sucks). I have tracked the car twice in a couple of months and there will be more, but I'm also using the car as my daily drive which makes every journey an adventure. An air cooled car is now in my near future as I want a manual and right now I'm loving the idea of of a pre-IB outlawish car so we'll see what comes along!DE9983F4-851C-4A8E-A8CC-8A9AD09522FD.thumb.jpeg.e62ff3c69d9b0f0bdb357f3f4054a3cc.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Crayon GT3 said:

Hello to all. From having a poster of a Guards Red 930 on my bedroom wall as a kid and the 928 in Risky Business a Porsche was always on the cards. After settling in Sydney a few years ago and having the opportunity, I took the plunge with the good people at Porsche Willoughby and here she is, a 991.2 GT3 in Crayon. PDK because everything happens so fast I want both hands on the wheel (and because my commute sucks). I have tracked the car twice in a couple of months and there will be more, but I'm also using the car as my daily drive which makes every journey an adventure. An air cooled car is now in my near future as I want a manual and right now I'm loving the idea of of a pre-IB outlawish car so we'll see what comes along!

Welcome! A few of us here in Sydney with new GT's. We catch up from time to time for early runs and a coffee or two... keep an eye on the SMT thread.

22 hours ago, itsujack said:

Welcome! A few of us here in Sydney with new GT's. We catch up from time to time for early runs and a coffee or two... keep an eye on the SMT thread.

Once I get back to Syd I will organise another SMT even if a quick blast down west head early one Sunday. I'm attending the AH farm day with the SC on the 15th and keen to see how it handles after the suspension refresh. If your attending Crayon happy to swap keys for a lap or ten 😂

3 hours ago, Tips said:

Once I get back to Syd I will organise another SMT even if a quick blast down west head early one Sunday. I'm attending the AH farm day with the SC on the 15th and keen to see how it handles after the suspension refresh. If your attending Crayon happy to swap keys for a lap or ten 😂

Yep we're due another run soon! I'm in NZ for the week of 15th so was unable to attend, but I don't know what you're talking about anyway 😉