993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that most of the 3 turbos are listed by people who don't necessarily need or want to sell, however if someone offered them their listed price they'd sell then. This is the case with many Porsches for sale on cs, and they sit and sit. The difference with the 3 turbo market is that unlike most other models, you never see car listed at a price where they will sell in a more reasonable period of time (let's say 3 months). Sitting on a car that you don't really want any more makes sense if your view is that they'll keep going up in value, however like all assets, a car is only worth what someone actually pays you when you sell.  If the car market does soften going forward, I suspect there will be many owners thinking "If only I'd sold when the market was strong!". Having that exact thought with a couple of share I'm currently looking at moving on.

My Porscheey sense is also telling me that the 993 is a little out of favour at the moment. In many ways the 964 seems to have dislodged it from the "last of the true Porsches mantle", yet on the other side of the coin they feel old compared to a 997 or 996.   I see value in the NA 993 market at the moment (possibly driven by this), think the turbos would need to be in the low 200s for me to see value there.  

This review:

Seems to sum it up to me. Great car, great drive however at this price point you'd never drive it, and if you want a collector there's more interesting car out there.

That said. These are on my 'potential next Porsche list',  just not at the current price point.

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2018 at 10:04 PM, bear924 said:

It seems to me that most of the 3 turbos are listed by people who don't necessarily need or want to sell, however if someone offered them their listed price they'd sell then. This is the case with many Porsches for sale on cs, and they sit and sit. The difference with the 3 turbo market is that unlike most other models, you never see car listed at a price where they will sell in a more reasonable period of time (let's say 3 months). Sitting on a car that you don't really want any more makes sense if your view is that they'll keep going up in value, however like all assets, a car is only worth what someone actually pays you when you sell.  If the car market does soften going forward, I suspect there will be many owners thinking "If only I'd sold when the market was strong!". Having that exact thought with a couple of share I'm currently looking at moving on.

My Porscheey sense is also telling me that the 993 is a little out of favour at the moment. In many ways the 964 seems to have dislodged it from the "last of the true Porsches mantle", yet on the other side of the coin they feel old compared to a 997 or 996.   I see value in the NA 993 market at the moment (possibly driven by this), think the turbos would need to be in the low 200s for me to see value there.  

This review:

Seems to sum it up to me. Great car, great drive however at this price point you'd never drive it, and if you want a collector there's more interesting car out there.

That said. These are on my 'potential next Porsche list',  just not at the current price point.

Can't watch that dude for any more than 30 seconds at a time. Stop with the Bad Boys references! You're not driving a 3.6 964 Turbo you bloody flog!

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, 901er said:

Pretty clean .. still  question is,  are they at that price?  The mega light photography really confuses getting any real look at the condition , you would need to see it in person.

Not so many blue ones around..  I still havent seen the total delivery numbers i think its like 105 cars into aus

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Really in that colour , even with those kms lots of perishable stuff probably needs attending to , I found that when I went through my car a year or so back for its 21st birthday .. I drive mine and probably 1/3 more kms but they are all getting old..

that’s big dollars 

Prices on all 993s are too high at current market conditions. That's why a ton of them are still sitting. Having said that I agree that most of these sellers are only willing to sell at the right price. The 964 remains crazy strong with the 3.3 and 3.6 taking on from where the 993tt prices once thought they were. The 993tt will only start to climb when the retro date and outlaw movement finally cools off. And even then I reckon its a slow climb back up to the previous highs... I give it 20 years and the 993tt will finally come into its own. They are great cars at mid to high 200s. But I suspect sub 300 is where the buyer moves while above 300 is where the seller moves. So only a desperate seller will currently get the market moving. I suspect in twenty years I will be wishing I bought one for 315k.... But thankfully I'm not desperate for boost. 

I remember 80k,thank fuch I never sold .. a few years ago !!

i do know of 3 cars changed hands 220-255 probably 15 months back in my recollection , atleast one was a wholesale buy , that had to be bought on the spot , no hassles , no haggles , best price of three buyers takes home the bacon 🥓.. love that kinda reality on buying and the market , I wasn’t invited to be a bidder just a poor bystander 😀

Large testicle closed auctions