993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sure that Arena Red car is the one mentioned in gumtree adverts for the blue 87-88 UK Targa back in 2015, advertised as being "bought for his son as his first car but Mum won't let him drive it". The price of that was low $30's if I recall correctly, ended up being bought by someone here in Melbs and is now an extremely attractive backdated car, painted a kind of aquamariney metallic with polished stainless trims.

• 1 month later...

So, what's changed since December?  There were seven cars on sale then, now five:

Still for sale, no price change (believe they have both been on market for over a year):

$399,990, dealer (Scuderia Graziani), midnight blue/black, 1996, 58,000km, Aussie del  

$359,990, dealer (Duttons), black/beige, 1996, 49,500km, Aussie del

Price reduced still for sale

$240,000 down from $250,000, private, arena/grey, 1996, 82,500km, UK personal import   

$259,000 down from $299,000, private, white/black, 1996, 98,920km, prob Aussie del [lots of non-stock components]

Three sold or withdrawn:

SOLD - $298,000, dealer (RSR), polar/black, 1996, 91,200 km, Aussie del 

SOLD AFAIK - $349,990, dealer (Duttons), arctic/blue, 1997, 52,900km, Aussie del  

UNKNOWN - $349,000, private, black/grey, 1998, 63,800km, Aussie del [don't see many 1998 cars . . . only 11 delivered in Oz]

New to market:

$350,000, dealer in NSW, dark blue/midnight blue interior, 1997, 64,366, Aussie del, reg: DKW24H

For me the 993 turbo's is the one that I want. It's what I fell in love with working on them new as an 18 year old apprentice panel beater. I never forget that I was asked to take one back to the dealership with my boss following in another car. I got a stern talking too before we left to stick to the speed limits and no hooning. My boss thought he was doing the right thing by following as he could see if I misbehaved.

Work was positioned in a service lane. I got to the end of the service lane where it was about to join onto the highway and stopped, waited for a heap of cars to be coming along the highway and at the last second dumped the clutch and I was away. What an awesome car!!!

Boss wasn't happy but agreed that I was a smartarse to think of waiting for all the cars!

One day I will have one.

Just go buy them gang ..

Great all a rounder, classic , but still has performance , the A/C works and so do the brakes..

17101238_1189099401200651_1848401095_o_z

I said it before but I will say it again.. after 20 years its still the car that gives a smile when I walk up to it.. now thats gotta be a worth something more than money..

Just go buy them gang ..

Great all a rounder, classic , but still has performance , the A/C works and so do the brakes..

17101238_1189099401200651_1848401095_o_z

I said it before but I will say it again.. after 20 years its still the car that gives a smile when I walk up to it.. now thats gotta be a worth something more than money..

how about matching cow print on the car??

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Will be interesting to see if the 55,000km Arena Red car on auction at Mossgreens in NZ this weekend reaches their target price range . . . NZ$280k - NZ$310k.  

http://www.mossgreen-webbs.co.nz/m/lot-details/index/catalog/73/lot/10176/1995-PORSCHE-993-TURBO

This Porsche on offer at auction with Mossgreen-Webb’s is the first 993 Turbo sold new in New Zealand and which has been held in only 2 ownerships for 22 years. Finished in the classic Arena Red, the vehicle comes with a full-service history from Official Porsche Centres, Giltraps (Auckland), Team European (Wellington) and Archibalds (Christchurch), as well as a renowned independent Wellington workshop Powerhaus. Work undertaken by the former includes the installation of a Factory 430 bhp enhancement kit and the replacement of the wiring loom (Factory recall) in 2004. Power output thus matches a GT2 of this era. Mileage is a mere 53,000 kilometres. For a discerning Porsche enthusiast, this car represents the ultimate in Porsche marque ownership and an outstanding opportunity to acquire a true collectors’ car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...