993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok thanks. Will be interesting to see how far prices can retrace... 200-230k again?? Who knows

And yes, I agree, it will depend on whether you need to sell or not and what the housing market and economy does. There is always a pullback. How deep that pullback is before the next price rise is anyone's guess.

• 2 months later...

Some sanity seems to be returning to the TT market.  Can't remember the last time that there were three cars for sale with an asking price below $300k. 

At, say, $270k, the blue one at CTS starts to look tempting.  And if they're asking $299k now, the owner might just accept that price.

33268478998_ad60a2ab19_k.jpgScreen Shot 2019-02-19 at 8.02.36 pm by npvpositive, on Flickr

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:53, symsy said:

Anyone track TTS prices ? 

Hard to track here in Aust Steve, but since about mid 2016 my buy price rule of thumb for Aust del was around $500k for mid hundred ks. (if you wanted one for just a while) ….. $600k for 20 - 30 ks (plan on keeping but sell few years later if prices up) .....and $700+ for 10ks for a must have absolute keeper.... another rule of thumb seemed to be over the years, double what a standard TT price is. Market went up in the standard TT since about mid 2016 to mid 2017 by about 20% or 30% and some tried for 50% rises and almost all didn't sell. It's come back down to about late 2016 prices now imo…

Of course a white TT owned by a well known Porsche personality is a 20% premium over normal hahahahahaha.

29 minutes ago, symsy said:

Hmmm maybe Bunnings have some

"“Due to an ongoing & unresolved dispute with the ATO, It is with great sadness and disappointment that today we announce Gosford Classic Car Museum has closed and all cars will be auctioned on the 6th and 7th April,” an announcement on the museum’s Facebook page reads."

Maybe...

2 hours ago, WOKA said:

"“Due to an ongoing & unresolved dispute with the ATO, It is with great sadness and disappointment that today we announce Gosford Classic Car Museum has closed and all cars will be auctioned on the 6th and 7th April,” an announcement on the museum’s Facebook page reads."

Maybe...

Gotta pay ya taxes ...

11 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Hard to track here in Aust Steve, but since about mid 2016 my buy price rule of thumb for Aust del was around $500k for mid hundred ks. (if you wanted one for just a while) ….. $600k for 20 - 30 ks (plan on keeping but sell few years later if prices up) .....and $700+ for 10ks for a must have absolute keeper.... another rule of thumb seemed to be over the years, double what a standard TT price is. Market went up in the standard TT since about mid 2016 to mid 2017 by about 20% or 30% and some tried for 50% rises and almost all didn't sell. It's come back down to about late 2016 prices now imo…

Of course a white TT owned by a well known Porsche personality is a 20% premium over normal hahahahahaha.

Is that an indirect way of saying no discount for non aud point of origin ( foreign birth delivery certificates for both the car and owner)

1 hour ago, JLD said:

I’m tipping they got a tax break for being a ‘museum’ but were discovered to be just another used car yard trying to fet a tax break. ATO asks for the money back, ‘museum’ cries poor

Yep, that sounds about right.

5 hours ago, sleazius said:

Bring your trailers boys! 😂

I’m in for a la Ferrari!! 

8 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Is that an indirect way of saying no discount for non aud point of origin ( foreign birth delivery certificates for both the car and owner)

I took it as a reference to the ex Jim Richards white TT?  Not sure if its currently for sale though. 

9 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Definitely, if his car is an import as well:ph34r:

1 hour ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

I took it as a reference to the ex Jim Richards white TT?  Not sure if its currently for sale though. 

No no, ref was someone not quite as well known as Jim Richards, notorious though - Symsy:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Still trying to figure out what actually occurred here....  Granted mileage was basically brand new with 83 miles. Either way it didn't sell as apparently didn't hit reserve even though the bidding went to 950k....Think I'd rather have been the buyer of the f40 mentioned below the screen.... 

FB_IMG_1552175867208.jpg

2 hours ago, Harold996tt said:

Still trying to figure out what actually occurred here....  Granted mileage was basically brand new with 83 miles. Either way it didn't sell as apparently didn't hit reserve even though the bidding went to 950k....Think I'd rather have been the buyer of the f40 mentioned below the screen.... 

FB_IMG_1552175867208.jpg

My best guess is that is a "Turbo S" ... there were only 183 of them made and only in 1997.

2 hours ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Porsche made 345 world wide, I think Aust got 12 or 15 cars from memory, all were 98 models. 

Happy to be corrected ... the numbers and dates I quoted above were found on Wikipedia so I have no idea if they are right ... :D

Has anyone been to look at the Arena Red car UK car that has been at Duttons for a while?  Looks great online, but photos can be deceptive.

Speaking of which, there is a visibly different rear panel gap on the left side versus right side of the blue 993TT at CTS.  (the gap between the rear tail lights and the engine lid).  I wonder if that car has ever been rear-ended?  Apparently, CTS took a deposit on it over the weekend— hope the potential buyer had his eyes open. 

• 2 weeks later...

The UK Arena Red car at Duttons has sold.  Asking price was $250k, so presumably, it sold in the $230k-$250k range.  Nice clean car with about 80,000km (50,000 miles) on the clock. 

Gives a useful price benchmark.  What's the premium for Aussie delivered on a TT?  10% - 15% perhaps?  Personally, I'd rather get a UK car that has spent 20 years in Oz, save my $30k, and feel more relaxed about driving it hard because it owes me less money.