993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 27/03/2019 at 18:15, npvpositive said:

The UK Arena Red car at Duttons has sold.  Asking price was $250k, so presumably, it sold in the $230k-$250k range.  Nice clean car with about 80,000km (50,000 miles) on the clock. 

Gives a useful price benchmark.  What's the premium for Aussie delivered on a TT?  10% - 15% perhaps?  Personally, I'd rather get a UK car that has spent 20 years in Oz, save my $30k, and feel more relaxed about driving it hard because it owes me less money.

I think ur looking at 20-30k

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, flamingporsche said:

Autohaus raised the price on the white 993 Turbo by $50k??? Surely that’ll make it more likely to sell 🤔

90418EAE-E6FA-41C4-9E48-AB26EA767911.jpeg

I never understand this. You’re selling a car, and let’s say you have (for example) 20 people watching. 15 of these are owners of the same car or dreamers or whatever. Not buyers.

The other 5 consist of probably 3 maybes and 2 definites if the price was a little lower, so they’re watching hoping the price might drop a little.

So what do a lot of sellers do to create interest? Raise the price! This happens a lot! It is the worst sales technique ever!

The downside to this is all of your watchers get notified. Your 3 maybes have just joined the 15 tyre kickers, and your 2 definites have become disheartened and are looking elsewhere now. Great way to lose buyers fast!!

40 minutes ago, EZEE said:

well said...I am now out, was seriously "following" it.....

As a strategy and to avoid any woulda could a should a, if keen why not put in writing an offer around 285k,, get a polite GF'd  or we have knocked back offers for more than that.    You might get an unexpected call in 6 weeks time for a serious negotiation which is South of 300k.  It's only an asking price ???

What Smitty said ^^^^^^^^. i don't understand people too worried, scared to offend by putting in a low offer. If I wanted to knock 30% off a price I'd have absolutely no hesitation in giving my price (respectfully) to a seller and getting the "hahahah piss off" . Wouldn't worry me in the slightest. You've gotta start somewhere and I'm never offended when they overprice their cars 30% ..... so all's fair. It's all in the delivery to not offend....

I agree totally, I'm always careful before I post, which is rarely. Re-reading my post I can now see if I was really interested I would have put in an offer. I note that the car has now gone from all ads so is probably sold.

• 9 months later...

Depends entirely on colour, km and condition.

The stuff listed at present at ~290-300k is about $60k over the odds in my view based on what some of the lower km recent cars have sold for in the last 12 months or so.  The heydays of low km ones pulling 340-350+ are long gone.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, HWY said:

Was excited to see a turbo well below the usual pricing. Took a number of photos to finally see the interior pics... All came suddenly clear! As much as I'd love a 993 TT, not sure if I had the readies I could do it!

2 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Was excited to see a turbo well below the usual pricing. Took a number of photos to finally see the interior pics... All came suddenly clear! As much as I'd love a 993 TT, not sure if I had the readies I could do it!

Even if you took it on with plans to change it out - a full interior retrim/dash/carpet etc,  would cost a bomb $$.  And then the damn thing's no longer original. 

I couldn't do it.

3 hours ago, luzzo said:

Even if you took it on with plans to change it out - a full interior retrim/dash/carpet etc,  would cost a bomb $$.  And then the damn thing's no longer original. 

I couldn't do it.

Thats a pretty good price and perhaps at a discount for the interior and perhaps a bit of covert 19 cash crunch creeping in as well for all involved.   I was expecting to see UK import in the ad relative to the price.  Not convinced it would cost a bomb to sort out that interior whilst keeping an eye out on  originality.   I reckon  a RWB style forward date interior project for that car on a 12k budget is doable.

Originality sorted by taking the front seats out and rear seat  pads out and a decent detail before bubble wrapping them and only bringing them out to  see the light of day  when offloading the car.  

RWB interior style means flaired out seats and wider hip support and reckon 996gt2/gt3 black leather recaro buckets  and factory  rails  fit that bill for  $8.5k, plus custom seat rail adapters to suit a 993  ( drop the seat height $750) would all tie in well with the black steering wheel.   Second hand 993 rear seat pads reskined in period correct factory  black and a set of  993 turbo black mats all round and installation/ bit of resto on the recaros  for about 2.75k would round out the RWB forward date interior project.   

On the theme of 996 gt3/ gt2, some period correct replacement turbo's ( tweaked compressor wheel behind the scenes) and a tune and a part swap and a port / polish here and there   to eliminate lag to give it more  / equal go than a 996gt3 / gt2 would also be a must.

Then for a  backdate project,  spend up  to the next  5 years with an eye out on a set of 993 turbo  front seats ( colour agnostic)  and bundle it up  with a black reskin kit or have the seats restored and  dyed in black.  That should be a free kick offset by  flogging off the 996 gt2/gt3 seats to bring it back to original looking. 

On 12/04/2019 at 08:18, hugh said:

Ironically, it seems that the technique worked then. :ph34r:

Smoke and mirrors, put the price up then soon after, mark it as sold so all the followers think “wow, that fetched a strong price” and are prepared to pay more for the next one.  Seen the same thing occasionally with real estate.  Artificial price inflation to skew the record.  

I have zero evidence, it’s just a hunch that no one is paying $50k over the asking price......

2 hours ago, DJM said:

Smoke and mirrors, put the price up then soon after, mark it as sold so all the followers think “wow, that fetched a strong price” and are prepared to pay more for the next one.  Seen the same thing occasionally with real estate.  Artificial price inflation to skew the record.  

I have zero evidence, it’s just a hunch that no one is paying $50k over the asking price......

I’ve been saying the same kind of thing about the higher end dealers for years ... advertise a  sought after car for a ridiculous mark up and mark it sold within an hour. Get everybody talking and have it on record. This mostly happened during the couple of frenzies we had on air cooled cars.

My theory was that their waiting lists would have been as thick as an old fashioned Yellow Pages and would have been offered and sold to them first. Advertised for an hour just to artificially inflate the market .. 

Looks like a clean car and well looked after interior from my point of view , Just fit some new seats it, live with it or dye them .... no crime in that .. even the hardback sports Seats ain’t so functional that they came with I have them 

You can grab a set of seats and redo that car with some nice houndstooth Centres and personalise and have something tastefully modded , they can be a bit bland 

The only other thing that I have no idea why it differs from my car is the stitch tin the dash pad seems to be missing or not showing in the photograph and the colours of the floor carpets vs the frunk? 

I would be buying myself some black leatherique and going to town 😊 yup that’s what I would do 

210-225 would be a very nice number , it is cheap  , still very very much a car for many an Occasion , track , cruise , cars and coffee and classic day .